Octagonal Jewelry Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octagonal Jewelry Box

Not much special about this box, except that I used all scraps including the box side. The pattern is by Gary MacKay and found in SWWC Summer issue #15. It is a small box measuring about 4" in diameter and 2 1/2" high. The woods used are Cherry and Sycamore. The blades are FD Polar #3 and #9. The finish is sanding sealer and spray Shellac. Comments welcome.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Great design box. I really like that design.
    Hank Lee
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by leehljp View Post
      Great design box. I really like that design.
      Thanks. Only problem, the sections are not exactly the sme, so you have to rotate the top until it matches.
      Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Denny nice job on that one. I made that one when it came out and i had a similar issue. Thanks for sharing this with is.

DW
        Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
        John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by DWSudekum View Post
          Denny nice job on that one. I made that one when it came out and i had a similar issue. Thanks for sharing this with is.

DW
          Thanks DW. Now I know it wasn't just me.
          Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Another great looking project Denny. Thanks for letting us know about the "fit" on the lid. Thanks for showing.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
              Another great looking project Denny. Thanks for letting us know about the "fit" on the lid. Thanks for showing.
              Thanks Melanie. I placed the lid on the base and sanded with a spindle sander for fit.
              Denny

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to The hits just keep coming
                Linda In Phoenix
                Lotsa prayers, and optimistic good vibes to you all.
                Today, 12:59 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Fair win
                Linda In Phoenix
                Wow. Well deserved ribbons for sure. Our fair started doing some new rules about 2 years ago. Entries into "Home Arts" can be just about any design. Entries into "Fine Arts" have to be original designs. I know a couple of scrollers who used to compete in Fine Arts, especially...
                Today, 12:58 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Do you wear eye prodection at the scroll saw?
                Linda In Phoenix
                I'm guilty of not wearing eye protection while scrolling---other than the magnifying glass. But, I do wear wrap around safety glasses when I'm sanding, routing, etc. At the recommendation of my eye doc a few years ago, I did add one safety/health step though. He recommended that a couple times...
                Today, 12:52 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Controversial yet fun Xmas Santa
                Linda In Phoenix
                It is totally heartwarming to see that there is humor left in this world, and not everything has to fit some politically correct mold that attempts to please the twisted pantie nimrods. Scrollers seem to be some of the most well rounded and easy going group of folks there are. Even when we have...
                Today, 12:45 AM
              • Scrappile
                Reply to Do you wear eye prodection at the scroll saw?
                Scrappile
                I'd be far more concerned about lung protection, but I like some, use a magnifier lamp and wear glasses (not safety). i have broken many blades never had anything "fly" anywhere, well except my lower blade holder. I have glaucoma and cataracts (although not bad enough for surgery yet). ...
                Yesterday, 09:30 PM
              Working...
              X