A couple of do nothings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of do nothings

I cut these two "do nothings" today, cut from a single piece of poplar, they're quick and easy, at least if you have a dremel to finish them up with. The dime in the picture should give you an idea of the size.
    Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ozarkhillbilly; 03-24-2007, 10:13 PM.
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
    I cut these two "do nothings" today, cut from a single piece of poular
    Cute little buggers, but what do they do? Is poular some kinda imported exotic wood.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

whoops.....poplar.........
      Bill

DeWalt 788

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Cute and tiny. Great job!

Did you use spirals......
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Barry this may come as a shock to you and a few others but I did NOT use spirals to cut these! I used a FD-#5 skip tooth. (I've been practicing).
          Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bill say it isn't so please come back to the dark side and together we can imbrace the spiral heheheheeh looks pretty neat Bill nice job
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Great project. Don't see the dime, cleaned my glasses and still don't see it. Yea, I know, one in every crowd. Great little project though, where did you get the pattern?
              Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

Troy try this if you haven't already, click on the image, that should open the image in another browser then open it all the way. Hopefully you will see the dime then.
                Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

No, still don't see it. See the NICKLE, but not a dime. Just messing with you a little. You still didn't tell me where to get the pattern.
                  Troy

Comment

hi bill
                    working in miniature stuff as i do, these appeal to me greatly, i take it this is compound cutting, i want to make something similar to this half way up a 4 poster bed leg and need to know how to do it. I am still waiting for my books to arrive, one is on compound cutting.
                    bill, would you say this is possible in a 1x1 inch round piece of wood, and could more intricate pieces/shapes be cut, **** cant wait to get going, my head is about to imploud with ideas.
                    http://www.cabincraft.co.uk

Comment

Troy the pattern is available thru John Polhemus, [email protected]
                      He calls it a caged burr.

Steve, yes this is a compound cut project and it is my 2nd project of this type. I cut some Christmas ornaments of this type also. All the projects I've seen have been cut from a 4 sided block as opposed to a round piece. I'm not sure how that would work. I do know that cutting them is a lot of fun.
                      Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

Thanks Bill, think I'll see about getting it, looks like a good conversation piece.
                        Troy

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
                          Troy the pattern is available thru John Polhemus, [email protected]
                          He calls it a caged burr.
                          It was in the June 2006 issue of Creative Works and Crafts too, Troy.
                          Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Now that is just kewl bro I gotta find that pattern !
                            flat bladed it huh ? No worries , I know your still just as twisted as ever !
                            ...~Robert~
                            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X