Couple of nautilus shells and a scrolled kitchen shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of nautilus shells and a scrolled kitchen shelf

I got Uncle Dick's old table saw running and I was able to cut a couple of small 2 by 4's and make a couple of nautilus shells. They turned out pretty good as I hadn't made any for awhile nor have I scrolled much for awhile. I'm going to do a search for a manual for this saw as I'm going to see if I can replace the fence for it and get a zero clearance insert for the table and a few pushers and the like. The fence that belongs to the saw has a knob missing so I'm using a thumb screw for it to lock it in place but I sure want to be safe so I best get a few things replaced if I can. I enjoyed using his saw and I think he would be tickled to see his tools going. He passed in the late 1980's so his tools are sitting there not in use but some of them do work. I will no doubt need to get it lubed and such. But I got these shells made and scrolled out a sea horse kitchen shelf to put over the sink. Enjoy. Fay P.S. I have to take the shelf back to the shop to put a finish on it before I use it. I was just showing how it will look when it is completely done
    Attached Files
    Have a great day, Fay.

Nice job! I like the cut embroidery on the tea towels—adds a nice touch. Glad to see that you're back in action.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Nicely done Fay. I am glad to see that you are still making things with the scroll saw The lathe like the scroll saw can be so addicting hehe. Like the sells and the shelf. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

Glad to see that you area back in action. I like the shells
        cwmagee
        aka Fibber
        Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Nice work Fay. Why not post a couple pics of the table saw and fence. Maybe we can give you some advice on how the fix or improve it.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Fay, I really like the shells and shelf, you create some beautiful items, thanks for sharing.

Mike

Comment

Great stuff, I agree with Scott post a picture of the saw. There are several replacement fences available for retrofit.
              Like the others have said, it is good see you back in the shop.!!
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Fay, it is good to see you back in the workshop

Comment

Way to go Fay. The shells are just wonderful.
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Incredibly neat shells - and good to see you posting again.

Jay

Comment

Thanks every one. The saw is a 9" Rockwell and I have the serial # but can't find the model # Uncle Dick had built a larger table to fit the saw so he would have a larger table for cutting those larger pieces of wood. I did a search last night for a manual for this saw but no luck. The blade doesn't come up very high so I have to either turn the wood around and saw again, that is when I'm making the shells. On that last piece I cut I put it in a big vice and saw it with my dozuki saw and it worked really well. I did that because I had a kick back and the wood came up and hit me in the chest. My pusher got caught on the miter saw guide so I took that off so I won't get hung up on that again. The saw has a new blade in it and it cuts nice and smooth. The saw had been sitting for so long that it takes two hands to turn the wheel to set the angle you want to cut and to raise and lower the blade. So it will need to be lubed. It's a nice little saw and I have no idea how long he had it. He passed in the mid to late 1980's so that is how long it has been sitting. He also had a thing on the bottom for catching the sawdust and that is full so Sis will have plenty to use for beauty bark if she wants it. I think Uncle Dick built that as well. I think I got some pretty decent shells out of the wood cutting on this saw.
                      Have a great day, Fay.

Comment

Fay, I did a quick search and I think you have the 34-580 model. The problem is the most part are obsolete. I did find a copy of the manual on e-bay.

Rockwell 34 580 Homecraft 9" Table Saw Instruction Manual | eBay

I hope this helps.
                        Scott
                        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Actually the serial # is 34-570 and ebay has a manual for it but it was $12.00 so not going to buy it. I did see some where that most of the parts are not available any more. I might have to break down and buy a new table saw. I'll use this one until I can afford one. Our new HF store has a nice bench top one but I would want at least a 10" one for cutting those 2 by 4's For right now this saw will be fine as I probably won't use it that much. Thank you every one for all the nice compliments. Fay
                          Have a great day, Fay.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X