La Patience Clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Patience Clocks

A pair of La Patience clocks I made for my Mother and Aunt. The white wood is ash and the darker wood is Bubinga. I have yet to apply the Deft, but I did apply the Danish Oil.

The clocks are 21 inches wide, 9 inches deep, and 17 inches high at their highest point. I drilled a hole underneath each spire and three under the church. On the back of the bottom layer I added three Christmas-tree style lights (like you use to light the buildings in a Christmas village) so the whole thing can be lit up. The picture named Clock 1 Front 2 was taken with the light on.

I'm a weekend scroller, so this project took me about a month to complete. Next up: one or two cuckoo clocks!

Clock 1 Front 2.jpg

Clock 1 Front 3.jpg

Clock 2 side.jpg

Both clocks 2.jpg

Excellent Work! Keep it up
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I can see why they're called La Patience clocks. I would never have the patience to tackle anything of this caliber. Excellent work.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I have to agree with Mike, LaPatience, appropriateley named and beautifully done. I sure your family members will love them.
        Thanks for posting the pics
        Marsha
        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Those clocks are very nice. Your family will love them. I am looking forward to making clocks as well. That is one of the main reasons I started scrollsawing is so I can make clocks. I am mostly practicing on other things so I can develop my skills before I tackle bigger things like the clocks. I want to make the clock mechanism from wood as well and it looks like the next issue of SSW will have some plans for wooden clocks so I am really looking forward to that issue.
          Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
          and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

Excellent work, Unix. Those look great.
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Those clocks look great. I could never have the patience either for all that drilling and threading. Those are some very lucky relatives.
              Jeff Powell

Comment

Beautiful! I can see why you selected your next project. If I had just done those then I'd be ready to go a little Cuckoo too!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. While making the clocks, I actually corresponded with the guy who created the plans, Ray Baumbach at http://www.scrollworkclocks.com/, and he told me that the clock was actually named for his mother-in-law, who never got to see one built.

Comment

Those are some beautiful clocks! Thanks for the link to the plans as well.
                    Kevin
                    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. While I was making the clocks, I had reason to correspond with the pattern's author, Ray Baumbach (www.scrollworkclocks.com), who told me that the clock was named for his mother-in-law, who passed away before he could finish one.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. You do very accurate work. It is not easy to make mirror images come out looking the same.
                        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

It is if you stack the wood and cut both sides at the same time :-)

During the building of the clock, I had reason to contact the pattern author, Ray Baumbach (http://www.scrollworkclocks.com), and he informed me that the clock was named for his late Mother-In-Law. Apparently she passed before he finished the first one, though, so she didn't get to see it.

Comment

Very nice!!!! Dale
                            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X