Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heart shaped basket

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heart shaped basket

    My 4 year old daughter was complaining that I hadn't made anything for her in a few weeks... so here is what she got. Pattern was from Steve Good's site http://www.stevedgood.com/heartbasket.pdf

    Wood was walnut and pine.

    After I gave it to her she gave it back laughing and said... Dad... you did it wrong... it doesn't have a lid. And it isn't pink. =) Kids.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Very nice! Got that pattern but haven't cut it yet. I know what you mean about kids. I have a 12 yo daughter that said the same thing, "you never make me anything" so I made this keepsake box for her. It's been a few months since I made it and haven't heard that statement since. She's into zebra print! Don
    Attached Files
    Don

    Comment


    • #3
      Nicely done heart basket. You could line it with pink felt you could get from Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics or some other fabric or craft store that would give you the pink she wants

      DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DWSudekum View Post
        Nicely done heart basket. You could line it with pink felt you could get from Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics or some other fabric or craft store that would give you the pink she wants

        DW
        Great idea!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tdub4ever View Post
          Very nice! Got that pattern but haven't cut it yet. I know what you mean about kids. I have a 12 yo daughter that said the same thing, "you never make me anything" so I made this keepsake box for her. It's been a few months since I made it and haven't heard that statement since. She's into zebra print! Don
          Good lord... teens are high maintenence. =) I better start step up my scrolling.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nicely done. I do wish we could see more photos of it from other angles. I guess you will have to find some pink wood and make another one.

            Mike

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stefang View Post
              Nicely done. I do wish we could see more photos of it from other angles. I guess you will have to find some pink wood and make another one.

              Mike
              Here is the only other angle I shot sry.

              Pink wood?! Yes... I will make her another one when I come across some pink wood.
              Attached Files

              Comment

              Unconfigured Ad Widget

              Collapse

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              • Quartz43
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by Quartz43
                I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

                I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
                Today, 05:42 AM
              • GladeFade
                Reply to My covid angel
                by GladeFade
                First off how thick is the board you cut?
                When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
                that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
                for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
                Yesterday, 11:05 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Wooden Headstone
                by Linda In Phoenix
                I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
                Yesterday, 10:43 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
                Yesterday, 10:41 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to My covid angel
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
                Yesterday, 10:40 PM
              Working...
              X