Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAMMER
    replied
    Sorry here they are.... No finish (some of the children are young don't want to risk it...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tdub4ever
    replied
    You're welcome HAMMER, No pics of the finished work? Don

Leave a comment:

• HAMMER
    replied
    tdub I used your idea here cut 7 of them with different color plastic and the children love them.

Thanks for the use of your idea.
    Last edited by HAMMER; 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SteveK
    replied
    Yes, we have power. Lots of lightning and wind, but in my area, just some small branches. Unlike last year after Katrina when we lost power for four days.

Poor people this week with the 100+ temps and no power.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    My wife works in Brentwood.
    Since you are posting I guess you have power. Your area got hammered.

Leave a comment:

• SteveK
    replied
    Rolf, just saw you live in Bellport, I grew up (ages 7-18) in Brentwood. Hi neighbor, well sorta)

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Instead of the screwed on cover for coin retrival, how about this.
    http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/Produ....aspx?id=13253
    Ihave used these and they work fine.

Leave a comment:

• fireglass
    replied
    tdub4ever, I would borrow your idea too but then I would have to go to work, Good job Lance

Leave a comment:

• tdub4ever
    replied
    I did that on the first bank I made, didn't like the finished look. Then I did it the way in the pics I posted and looks so much better. Don

Leave a comment:

• HAMMER
    replied
    Thanks. I'll look for the plexiglass... I was going to just screw through the front through the plastic and into the box sides...

Thanks fo rthe tips.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    If you place a rabbet on the inside of the recess you can inset the plexi and use glacier pins (those points for installing glass) to hold it in place and you won't have to use screws at all. My customers think it makes a cleaner look since I have started doing that. Just a thought. I really like the look of yours as well.

Leave a comment:

• tdub4ever
    replied
    I use the thin plexiglas from Hobby Lobby. I dado the edges to recess the plexiglas, works pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• HAMMER
    replied
    What are you using on the scrolled side to keep the money inside? I am thinking of using the thin colored sheet protectors from the officer supply store...

Leave a comment:

• tdub4ever
    replied
    I'm sure they will. Here's one I'm working on now. Did it a little different though, put an access whole in the bottom with an 1/8" bb ply cover to screw on. Don
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HAMMER
    replied
    Thanks. And I won't put a scratch on it while I use it...

Thanks again... I have several (4 or 5) small children in the neighborhood that I hope will like the idea.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X