Latest Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Projects

The bowl was cut from 3/8 pine and then stained a colonial maple. The bowl is 3 inches wide x 4 1/2 long. It was finished with shellac.

Puzzle box cut from aromatic cedar and is 2 inches x 3 1/4 inches long

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Very nice. Love the box. I like cedar but I start to itch if I cut more than 15 minutes at a time of it.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Nice! I really like the puzzle box. My kids take everyone I make.
      It's only a mistake if someone saw you do it.

It's not about what saw you drive. It's about the skill you drive it with.

Jim

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Interesting pallet
        by Linda In Phoenix
        At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
        Today, 11:32 AM
      • NC Scroller
        by NC Scroller
        I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
        Today, 11:30 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Linda In Phoenix
        That insert definitely is an issue they need to bring up to the standards and quality of the rest of the machine!

I did the modification they recommended on mine so it wouldn't rub the blade. And, sure enough their supplied blade had blown out 2 of the tips on the teeth because of the...
        Today, 11:25 AM
      • tgiro01
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by tgiro01
        One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
        Today, 08:18 AM
      • Rolf
        by Rolf
        That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
        Today, 08:16 AM
      Working...
      X