Shell Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Collection

These are the shells that I have recently made. All of them have been finished with beeswax paste.

The first one was cut from a 2x4
    This second one was cut from white cedar
    This third one was cut from a pine glue-up
    This last one is a picture of all of the shells to date. Notice that none of them are exactly the same. Some are going to be planters, some will be potpourri holders.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Hi DW - these are really smashing. Apart from the really nice shaping I love the way you have varied the grain.

You say some are going to be planters. Can you give an idea of their dimensions please?
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Nice job DW... still haven't a chance to try one myself, hopefully sometime this week I'll get a start on one.
      Douglas Fraser
      Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

Those look amazing! I can't imagine how long it would take to get those to fit exactly, plus the shaping! Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
          Hi DW - these are really smashing. Apart from the really nice shaping I love the way you have varied the grain.

You say some are going to be planters. Can you give an idea of their dimensions please?
          Jim,

The shells opening is about 3 1/2 inches or so max. They were cut from a 2x4 piece of wood, which nominally measures 3 1/2 x 1 5/8. It is about 1 1/2 inches deep so it will be a small plant perhaps a small barrel cactus or other low moisture plant that I will be putting into it. I was thinking of putting in one of those air ferns as they do not need soil and only a misting occasionally.

DW
          Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
          John Wayne

Comment

Your on a roll DW, they are beauties, oh and sweeeeet too.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by will8989
              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
              Yesterday, 09:53 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by will8989
              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
              Yesterday, 09:32 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Sundays market
              by will8989
              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
              Yesterday, 08:56 PM
            Working...
            X