Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have questions about making a shell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have questions about making a shell.

Hello. I am glad to see that some people have already posted pictures of shells that they made using my instructions in the current issue - these remind me a lot of some of the first ones I made. I am putting together a list of frequently asked questions and answers along with some other helpful information on my web site. If you have a question that it doesn't cover then let me know and I will add it to the list - hopefully along with an answer.

Shell

Steve: Does each single piece seg look like horse shoe u glue up like a U Up side down has outside long cut from Piece before I sorry to be so dum.Thanks I hope this make sense

Comment

Hi Paul, each curved segment is cut with the table at a bevel angle so that the bottom side of each segment cut is a little larger than the top side. The outline of the larger bottom side is then traced on top of the next wedge as the pattern for the next larger segment. I hope I understood your question correctly.

Originally posted by Paul Shank View Post
      Steve: Does each single piece seg look like horse shoe u glue up like a U Up side down has outside long cut from Piece before I sorry to be so dum.Thanks I hope this make sense

Comment

I just looked at your site. Wow
        Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Birchbark View Post
          I just looked at your site. Wow
          Russell

Thank you.

Comment

G'day Steve, I read on one post that you stated the smaller the angle the tighter the curve. Is that the wedge angle or scroll saw table angle or both? With your angle chart I take it that is the scroll saw table tilt. I attempted a couple prior to receiving your ebook and have posted a pic of my latest attempt using Marine Ply Wood in my Album here, it is approx. 9" diam. Thanks, this is a fun project.

Comment

Thank you Steve, I have the ebook on my kindle fire and I made a shell using some 2by4 that a friend had cut for me and then I cut the segments and got a nice shell made. I really enjoyed making my shell and it is sitting in my room next to my tv... Thank you for all of your instructions and such. Will look at your site at these questions and answers and such. Have a great day Fay
              Have a great day, Fay.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by Sandy Oaks
                This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
                Today, 10:43 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                Quartz. What are you not certain of?
                I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
                Today, 09:08 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by Rolf
                Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
                Today, 08:55 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                by Rolf
                I am very curious as to how the the slots were cut? The lathe work part of it is simple....
                Today, 08:51 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Now that's one to make us smile! I've been meaning to try that sometime but procrastinating simply because I didn't stop to consider starting on an easier design to actually learn from. Great reminder. I love your jack-o-lantern!
                Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              Working...
              X