Strange Trinket Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Trinket Box

Here's a little box I'm working on. A friend who makes custom pool ques, guitars and recurve bows gave me a box of scrap exotic hardwoods. The sides of the box are made from one piece that I can't identify and there wasn't enough for the lid and bottom. So.....a little creative cutting and staining of the oak top resulted in a really strange looking box!!!
    Attached Files
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Yup!
    Kind of a strange illusion effect, but I like it!
    Sandy

Comment

had to blink a couple of times to get a grip on that one !
      That's pretty clever sir !
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Neal. pretty box. but mmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks unfinished. are you going for a unfinished or shadow look. the birds ey on the sides looks great. and the top. looks kinda heavy. but maybe a mirror. or some jewels. or something. but realy. finish staining the whole thing. yuuk. sorry. not a loss for sure. nice cutting. just needs something. like some leather dyes or something. Evie hay I got it. a midalion. orrrrrr. welllll. the top is just to big. sorry. Evie or even a small segmentation. on the top. OK done

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by cwmagee
          Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
          Today, 03:36 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
          Today, 02:56 PM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by NC Scroller
          I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Big week here
          by NC Scroller
          Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
          Today, 11:18 AM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by jim_mex
          Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
          Today, 09:17 AM
        Working...
        X