Strange Trinket Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Trinket Box

Here's a little box I'm working on. A friend who makes custom pool ques, guitars and recurve bows gave me a box of scrap exotic hardwoods. The sides of the box are made from one piece that I can't identify and there wasn't enough for the lid and bottom. So.....a little creative cutting and staining of the oak top resulted in a really strange looking box!!!
    Attached Files
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Yup!
    Kind of a strange illusion effect, but I like it!
    Sandy

Comment

had to blink a couple of times to get a grip on that one !
      That's pretty clever sir !
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Neal. pretty box. but mmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks unfinished. are you going for a unfinished or shadow look. the birds ey on the sides looks great. and the top. looks kinda heavy. but maybe a mirror. or some jewels. or something. but realy. finish staining the whole thing. yuuk. sorry. not a loss for sure. nice cutting. just needs something. like some leather dyes or something. Evie hay I got it. a midalion. orrrrrr. welllll. the top is just to big. sorry. Evie or even a small segmentation. on the top. OK done

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
          Reply to Wood identification needed
          by Rolf
          This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
          Today, 07:38 AM
        • handibunny
          Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
          by handibunny
          I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
          Today, 07:01 AM
        • handibunny
          by handibunny
          If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
          Today, 06:59 AM
        • dgman
          by dgman
          The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
          Yesterday, 10:40 PM
        • vgraf
          Wood identification needed
          by vgraf
          I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
          Yesterday, 09:31 PM
        Working...
        X