Strange Trinket Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Trinket Box

Here's a little box I'm working on. A friend who makes custom pool ques, guitars and recurve bows gave me a box of scrap exotic hardwoods. The sides of the box are made from one piece that I can't identify and there wasn't enough for the lid and bottom. So.....a little creative cutting and staining of the oak top resulted in a really strange looking box!!!
    Attached Files
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Yup!
    Kind of a strange illusion effect, but I like it!
    Sandy

Comment

had to blink a couple of times to get a grip on that one !
      That's pretty clever sir !
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Neal. pretty box. but mmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks unfinished. are you going for a unfinished or shadow look. the birds ey on the sides looks great. and the top. looks kinda heavy. but maybe a mirror. or some jewels. or something. but realy. finish staining the whole thing. yuuk. sorry. not a loss for sure. nice cutting. just needs something. like some leather dyes or something. Evie hay I got it. a midalion. orrrrrr. welllll. the top is just to big. sorry. Evie or even a small segmentation. on the top. OK done

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Lowder
          Reply to Question about tilting head saws
          by Jim Lowder
          Thank you everyone. I guess I just need to scroll more and have more patience with my abilities. You all are amazing...
          Today, 08:08 PM
        • evilbadger
          Reply to Cutting Air
          by evilbadger
          How thick is that foam Randy? That turned out really nice.

The view on the house is nice but that 11 foot 3 ceiling height is killing me....
          Today, 07:56 PM
        • Rolf
          by Rolf
          I have both types of saw A tilting table Hawk g426 and an Older Excalibur with a tilting head. Unlike Carole for bevel cuts I prefer the tilting head I do larger projects and it is easier for me.
          Regarding compound cuts they are cut at 90 degrees.

If I were in the market for a new...
          Today, 05:38 PM
        • handibunny
          by handibunny
          If you have a good saw, and can set the table accurately, you should be good to go. Give a holler if you need help. ๐Ÿ˜

Randy, I swapped out the clamps on the Jet for the Pegas clamps as soon as they became available. I found the Jet clamps just too fidgety for my taste.
          Today, 05:09 PM
        • Jim Lowder
          by Jim Lowder
          Thank you all for the info. Sounds like itโ€™s talent or practice issue not my saws. Wife already gave permission to buy a new one. I will wait tho
          Today, 04:51 PM
        Working...
        X