Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first basket

Hello all

It's FAR from perfect, but my first attempt is complete all the same! Basket pattern was free from Berry Basket. I did this piece out of fir and then stained it with Colonial Maple. I wasn't impressed at all with it at first, but after staining it was a little happier. One of the hints I learned at the woodworking show was to use a bigger blade for doing large arcs or straight lines....I had already finished this one, but BOY does it make a difference on the clock I am working on currently.
    Happy Scrolling
    Attached Files

Sarah
    What's that old saying?? A bad day scrolling is still better than the best day working??

Well done

Well done, Sarah, well done. The basket looks real good, the finish came out very nice. Thanks for the tip on using a larger blade for straight lines and arcs. As big as a #9 or #12?

-Bill
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Sarah thats a fine looking basket your being too hard on your self heheheheh, question though is the basket itself leaned or is it designed to pivot? it seems like it could be made to pivot if its not, keep up the great work
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Nice basket, Sarah. Those baskets on my list of things to try at some stage - one of the many things ..lol
        I think I have a pattern in one of the Spielman books.

Do all of your projects have grapes on them BTW ...

OK I know that smiley has beer glasses but there doesn't seem to be one for wine...
        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

only you can see the imperfections, the rest of us see "goodness"

pete
          Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
          "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl185
            Sarah thats a fine looking basket your being too hard on your self heheheheh, question though is the basket itself leaned or is it designed to pivot? it seems like it could be made to pivot if its not, keep up the great work
            In the picture, the basket is leaned....I was a little impatient to take the picture and haven't attached the pivot for it yet.
            hehe...as far as the grapes go, I wondered if anyone would ask that! I don't know why, but the patterns I picked at first had the grapes. Now I am working on a couple of projects that are grape-less.

Sarah
            What's that old saying?? A bad day scrolling is still better than the best day working??

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose

OK I know that smiley has beer glasses but there doesn't seem to be one for wine...
              Theres the smily for wine isnt it? Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Sarah;
                Nice work on the basket.

Ian;
                Here's your wine . Drink in moderation or you will be saying *Im's nots as thinks as yous drunks I was.*

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Sarah,
                  Very nice
                  i keep saying I'm gonna do one of these someday
                  ....I think I just got re-inspired
                  Nice work !
                  ...~Robert~
                  DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I think the basket is great. Being new to this I wonder if I can cut in those circles without getting dizzy.
                    David
                    My saw is a DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by tgiro01
                      One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
                      Today, 08:18 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Rolf
                      That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
                      Today, 08:16 AM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                      by Quartz43
                      I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
                      Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
                      Yesterday, 07:27 PM
                    • Misouri Wayne
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by Misouri Wayne
                      Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
                      Yesterday, 04:55 PM
                    Working...
                    X