X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wwalker47
    replied
    Thanks so much

Thanks for the praise. I did enjoy doing the Sleigh, I really like Pat's patterns.

No Gill, it really was a #5 blade the Sleigh is almost 11" long, 7" high at the back and 5" wide. So it is rather large.

As far as making ply looking this good, Sawduster, all you have to do is to do it. No problem.

Thanks, again.

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• Sawduster
    replied
    Man I wish I could make plywood look like that !
    Excellent work !

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    That just does not look like plywood, and the fretwork is far too detailed for a #5 blade.

I'm impressed !

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Marsha
    replied
    Bill, I think they look terrific. I have looked at that pattern 100 times, wondering if I have the patience to cut it out.
    Great job
    Marsha
    PS I too love that Pattern Book

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    Ah, yea, the finish

Ah, yea, the finish. Minwax Water-based Rosewood and then sprayed with Deft gloss finish. Sorry about that.

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    hey Bill excellent fret work looks great, Pats book is an excellent learning book its where I learned some of my basic stuff

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    I think you forgot to splain your finish! Its not plain old BB ply,but this will show people that BBply can look great! And it does Bill!!! VERY GREAT! Dale

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    started a topic The Sleigh is finished

The Sleigh is finished

Here is pictures of the Sleigh I just finished. It was designed by the late great Pat Speilman from the book "Scroll Saw Fretwork Patterns". I made two, one for my wife and one for our daugher-in-law for Christmas. I used BBP and #5 reverse FD blades.

Tell me what you think.

-Bill
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X