The Sleigh is finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sleigh is finished

Here is pictures of the Sleigh I just finished. It was designed by the late great Pat Speilman from the book "Scroll Saw Fretwork Patterns". I made two, one for my wife and one for our daugher-in-law for Christmas. I used BBP and #5 reverse FD blades.

Tell me what you think.

-Bill
    Attached Files
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

I think you forgot to splain your finish! Its not plain old BB ply,but this will show people that BBply can look great! And it does Bill!!! VERY GREAT! Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

hey Bill excellent fret work looks great, Pats book is an excellent learning book its where I learned some of my basic stuff
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Ah, yea, the finish

Ah, yea, the finish. Minwax Water-based Rosewood and then sprayed with Deft gloss finish. Sorry about that.

-Bill
        -Bill

Comment

Bill, I think they look terrific. I have looked at that pattern 100 times, wondering if I have the patience to cut it out.
          Great job
          Marsha
          PS I too love that Pattern Book
          LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

That just does not look like plywood, and the fretwork is far too detailed for a #5 blade.

I'm impressed !

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Man I wish I could make plywood look like that !
              Excellent work !
              ...~Robert~
              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Thanks so much

Thanks for the praise. I did enjoy doing the Sleigh, I really like Pat's patterns.

No Gill, it really was a #5 blade the Sleigh is almost 11" long, 7" high at the back and 5" wide. So it is rather large.

As far as making ply looking this good, Sawduster, all you have to do is to do it. No problem.

Thanks, again.

-Bill
                -Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
                  a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
                  Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
                  Today, 08:54 PM
                • Ennobee
                  Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
                  by Ennobee
                  They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
                  Today, 01:55 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by jim_mex
                  Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
                  Today, 01:35 PM
                • JustLarry
                  Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                  by JustLarry
                  I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
                  Fast-blow...
                  Today, 12:56 PM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Giraffe sold at charity auction
                  by Rolf
                  WOW! That is exciting.
                  Today, 09:42 AM
                Working...
                X