2 Planters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Planters

This mug is actually a planter there are a series of 3 holes at the bottom. The wood used was Mahogany and sealed with spar urethane.

This other one is a planter holder and was an experiment. The woods used are pin and poplar. I used Minwax PolyShades Antique Walnut - Satin polyurethane to stain and seal the holder.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Nice looking planters DW. I really like the look of the second one, how did you do it?
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

You beat me to it, Dan. DW, how did you do it?
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

The second one is really easy it just looks hard. For that one I used a 3/4" thick 6"x6" board then cut a bunch of 5/16" thick 3/8" wide strips and then glued one strip every 3/8" on one side of the board. I cut the rings with the strips down on the table. when I glued them together I rotated about 1/4 of a full rotation for each ring. Sanding and glue control are difficult and time consuming but I kind of like the result.

DW
        Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
        John Wayne

Comment

I'm going to have to read the instructions a bit slower and after I have a cup of coffee in the morning..... but they both look like real sweeeet projects. Kudos!
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X