More Bandsaw boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Bandsaw boxes

My health has been much better and I have been spending a few hours in the shop the past several weeks. Below is part of what I have been working on. Some are my designs and others I found on free sites on the web and changed them a bit. All were made from Hawaiian Koa...since that is the only wood the Gallery I sell to wants. I also cut out 14 Trivets for the Gallery. I forgot the pictures today. Included is a line of Hawaiian Patchwork Quilt designs as requested by them. I tired to post this before but the I think the pictures were to large.

The Tree box was changed with handles added instead of push holes in the back of box. I tired to make it look like more limbs on the tree...hope it came out that way.
    Attached Files
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Great work! My favorite is the Turtle shaped box.
    I realize that pricing is different in various areas but, just out of
    idle curiosity, do you mind telling me what price range these are in
    in Hawaii? I would imagine they take in top dollar there as opposed to
    rural areas with no tourism.
    God Bless! [email protected]

Comment

When I see bandsaw boxes I always want to go into the shop to make some...
      The tree looks perfect this way, it was a good idea...
      I love the turtle box most...
      Very nicely done, and thanks for sharing Larry!
      Frieke
      www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

I don't mind sharing prices at all. I sell them to the Gallery and other people as well at the same prices. The first box "Mother and Child" I call it sells for $80, the second box "Ying & Yang" sells for $70, third, the Heart Box sells for $90, the forth, the "Tree Box" sells for $150 ( I make a larger one as well that sells for $250 and the last, the "Turtle Box" sells for $150.

Thanks for the kind words....I have a couple more that are not finished.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Great boxes. I'd take any of 'em. They each have great design and craftsmanship.
          Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Very Very nice looking boxes Larry. I really like them a lot. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
            John Wayne

Comment

Outstanding and sweeeeet to the max. Love em all, but most important so glad you are feeling better and can continue your passion.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Larry so glad to see you back at it!!! Luv the new designs!!! Anxious to see your new trivets too.
                ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Very nice. You do great work.

Comment

Very nicely done Larry, you have been busy.
                    Merle
                    SSG US Army Retired.
                    [email protected]
                    http://www.etsy.com/your/listings

Comment

Glad to hear yur able to make some dust over there, hows the vog treating you guys? wish I had some of that Koa to work with I ended up giving that chair I made out of it to a really good friend in Hilo before I left.I love the Honu and the rest are great work as well.Jerry
                      Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Hey Jerry. Thank you everyone for your nice comments. The Vog has been so so here the past month. Today we were in Kona shopping, but friends said it was really windy here in Kau, and knocked out the power. Kona was really voggy so I guess the wind blew it over there. Yesterday afternoon we could see a big dark storm in the Kona are with lighting and all...we didn't get any of it.
                        Hawaiilad
                        Larry

Comment

Some very nice boxes. Excellent work!

Karl
                          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Excellent boxes Larry. I also love the turtle.
                            Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Love the boxes Larry. Glad you're back to cutting again.

george
                              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Today, 08:56 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by Jim McDonald
                                I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                                But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                                Today, 08:17 PM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by hotshot
                                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                                Today, 02:27 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                                Today, 01:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X