X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harpone
    replied
    DW -
    Thanks for the info on Appleply. I want to use up what I have before adding inventory.

Leave a comment:

• DWSudekum
    replied
    Go to your local Lowes and look in their wood section for something called Appleply. It is a superior grade plywood that is similar to Baltic Birch plywood. Check out their website States Industries Appleply. I have been using this ply for the last couple of projects and I like it.

DW

Leave a comment:

• harpone
    started a topic Painting Collapsible Baskets

Painting Collapsible Baskets

After seeing (plywood) collapsible baskets being sold in the old Charleston SC market I thought "I can make those." I had a bunch of cabinet grade plywood scraps a finish carpenter gave me that I wanted to use for something. Surprising to me the results weren't bad as long as the plywood edges weren't showing voids in the plys I could get by using golden oak wood filler and golden oak danish oil as long as the voids were small. With larger voids the wood filler was obvious and the appearance not as pleasing. I visualize a problem expanding and contracting the basket if I paint. Has anyone had success painting collapsible baskets? If so I would appreciate some instruction on how to do a decent job.
    Last edited by harpone; 03-06-2012, 12:25 PM. Reason: Trying to get some advice.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X