Feeling a bit Froggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling a bit Froggy

Evelyn said I been it bit froggy in the last few day's picking on her and trying to play the heavy which by the way I dont do very well I cant keep a stright face. So since she said I was froggy I though I should try to make one. This is "Fats Frog" from Diana book. It's cut from scrap popular I'll put a coat or two of Shellac in it but I wont paint it, that one area I'm not very good it. Any and all comments are welcome just dont get too froggy
    Attached Files
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Looks great Dan. I bet you could turn that into a coin bank fairly easily. Thanks for sharing it with us.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

Thanks DW. It's a bit small for a coin bank it was cut from a 1/1/2" square blank. I guess you could enlarge the pattern and cut in from thicker stock on a band saw.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, um, on your third picture, back view, a bit of pyrography or carving could give some interesting detail.

Real cute, Dan, and I don't think the paint would add a lot.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Dan I must say you've made leaps and bounds here lol jk cute frog though.Jerry
          Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Nice job, Dan. I think like Carole, only some pyrography giving some details or some carving with a small "dremel" sander.
            Best regards

Simon MARTIN
            From France

Visit My Gallery:Simon's Album

You can also look at my pyrography galery: Martin's Album

Comment

Thanks Carole, Jerry and Simon. Your right Jerry I'm hopping out to the lilly pad later for sometime on the saw. Carole and Simon what kind of detail would you add to the back of the little guy. I do have a pyrography iron that I could use.

Comment

Um, well, I was thinking of, shall we say, a natural division on the frog's posterior. Not sure if Simon's mind runs on the same track as mine--he may have something a little more polite in mind.
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh, ... my idea is only to draw a line to show more (to mark / to draw) the thigh of the frog... Carole, you have a lot of experience and I haven't 2 years of scrollsawing. Also, in France, nobody know what is scrollsaw...only some old people who say... that's old, that's smell dust... Ok, that why I paint or make some pyrography or carving on my scroll saw.
                  Best regards

Simon MARTIN
                  From France

Visit My Gallery:Simon's Album

You can also look at my pyrography galery: Martin's Album

Comment

Very nice Dan. That could be made into a nice ring box as well...thought you would say that Carole
                    Hawaiilad
                    Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Sundays market
                      by will8989
                      We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                      Today, 08:56 PM
                    • Jim McDonald
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Jim McDonald
                      I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                      But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                      Today, 08:17 PM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Quartz43
                      I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                      Today, 03:40 PM
                    • hotshot
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by hotshot
                      You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                      Today, 02:27 PM
                    • RJweb
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by RJweb
                      I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                      Today, 01:31 PM
                    Working...
                    X