Hummingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummingbird

I'm been humming along with this project. It the Hummingbird from Diana's book. It made from basswood. I broke off part of the beak while sanding I rushed it to the local vet but it was too late to save it but even with half a beak it does not look to bad. I thinking about making another one using some poplar with lots of green in the grain. Now dont get idea that I may become addicted to compound cutting I can stop any time I want, this is just not the time. Any and all comments are welcome.
    Attached Files
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Looks great Dan. You did real good on it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

I think he's a beautiful bird inflight. I love hummingbirds. why not super glue the beak back on?
      Did you hear about the petco that was grooming a customer's dog and the groomer accidentally cut its ear off and they tried to superglue the ear back on...the owner had to take the dog to the vet where the vet said it looked like they tried to superglue it back on.,
      The owner was filing a lawsuit. My point is they can superglue the ear back on...you can glue the bird's beak back on.....long story, I know to make a point....but the bird looks good either way.

Comment

Thanks DW and Catlyn for your nice comments. I didn't try and super glue the beak back on is because I have to idea were my mop sander flung it. I used a green highlighter to color the bird I think it looks kind of nice.
        Attached Files
        sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
        To all who serve or have served, Thank you
        Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to My computer issues.
          by Linda In Phoenix
          I upgraded back in early winter. I got one with both a solid state as well as hard drive. I couldn't move over my Office 2010 because I'd bought it as a download (which was still functioning just fine for what I used it for) and I never switched it to subscription because of the cost. The old download...
          Today, 12:39 PM
        • Rolf
          New turning tools
          by Rolf
          I just picked up a couple of new heavy handled bowl gauges. 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch from two friends that have tool supply businesses.
          Our next Scroll saw club challenge will be segmented scroll saw bowls. I don't sand my bowls, too time consuming, so I will be turning them after glue up.
          Today, 08:04 AM
        • Rolf
          by Rolf
          One problem with upgrading was that many of the programs I use are now subscription based. That really frosts my butt I finally accepted the fact that I normally renew my software frequently anyway the cost difference is negligible.

I did not go with a solid state drive, probably...
          Today, 07:58 AM
        • will8989
          by will8989
          Actually, I think mine is more than 10 years old. And what brand would that be? Remember who you’re talking to here about computers.
          Today, 07:49 AM
        • NC Scroller
          by NC Scroller
          If you buy a new computer you want to get a solid state hard drive. No moving parts to break or wear out....
          Today, 07:43 AM
        Working...
        X