My Latest project finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest project finished

I finished my latest project a compound candlestick from Diana Thompson book "Compound Scroll Saw Creations". Lots of really neat projects to make. Evelyn has picked out a clock she want to to make for her office at work. I think this compound candlestick is one of my best projects just a few coats of a clear finish and it will be ready for display. As always any and all comments are welcome.
    Attached Files
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Nice job, Dan. Did you weight it down with a lead fishing weight? I had a lot of fun trying to smash it--but after one pair of candlesticks, I'd had enough.

Her designs are really nice, and quite amazing. Keep those pictures coming!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

That a great on Dan. I see it would need a weight in the bottom.
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Or add a wider base under the current base (if needed). Looks good.

Comment

Dan, you the world's greatest scroller also out of your home! Nice job, have a good day
          Best regards

Simon MARTIN
          From France

Visit My Gallery:Simon's Album

You can also look at my pyrography galery: Martin's Album

Comment

Nice I love compound cutting, how big is that and is it for display only I like it.Jerry
            Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

You did an excellent job.

Comment

Sweeeeeet job but I will like the finished pix better, don't usually see all those "fuzzies" from you Dan.
                I think compound cutting is my favorite style to cut, how about you?
                I've made a few of Diana's clock requiring weights, I didn't want to use lead, so I just filled the hole with coins (nickles). Just offering up an alternative for consideration.
                Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments and to you WD you gave me the comments I was looking for and your right those candlesticks are not the finished project. I posted them just to see it people would ask if they were the project ready for the finish project as it was since it was not up to my normal standards This project was really a test cut as I've never none a compound cut like this one. I really do like compound cutting it's fun to show off the project and also so what the project started as. I'm not sure if it my favorite kind of cutting but it in the top 2.
                  Below is what it candlestick looks like after some sanding using my sanding mop a flight or two across the shop and a coat of finish. I missed the dead center point on the top so the hole is really off center but it ok for a test piece and there are still a fuzzy or two it's not a show piece by any means.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I can't say much more about you wonderful work that has'nt been said. Thanks for sharing with us.
                    Have a Happy sawdust day.

Comment

OK, so WD has more guts than the rest of us! I doubt that anyone thought you'd leave it like that, at least anyone that knows the quality of your work, but only Gloria made that explicit.

Of course I noticed the fuzzies, and knowing your usual standard of excellence, just assumed that you'd sand them off!

Can't blame a girl for being polite.
                      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow, very nice cutting Dan! My best regards to Evelyn too! Take care...
                        Frieke
                        www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

It's said you can fool some of the people some of the time. I cant even do that you all know me and my work too well to know that project was not finished. Oh well it was fun to try and it did get a nice response from Gloria.
                          Thanks for the nice comment frieke I'll tell Evelyn you send your best regards. Oh I forgot to tell everyone Evelyn's great news. Some of you may remember a wile back we asked for prayer for Evelyn and her job. She had a boss that was....... well there is just no know nice way to put it, but in a movie she from the west and she malted. She has been looking for another job for a while but there just wasn't anything until about a month ago. She heard about another assisted living facility that was taking applications for an LPN and it was what She was looking for. She as me one day if it would be OK if she gave her noticed from her job I told he I would support her in what ever she did. I felt she would get the other job and even it it took a little while we would be OK and it would be better for her to be with out all the stress of the job she had. Well this past Monday was her last day. She got a phone call for the place she had applied asking her to come in on Tuesday for another interview. Well she got the job and will start on the 5th of March. So I want to thank everyone for there prayers it took a little while but it was God's timing which is always perfect.

Comment

It's incredible! I should tell you, though, that it is not physically possible to do the cuts that you did! I just love that piece!

Comment

PattieM Thanks for the comment and just so you know, those cuts are possible and a lot of fun you should give compound cutting a try.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                                Today, 12:59 AM
                              • will8989
                                Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                                Today, 12:46 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                                Today, 12:27 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                                by jim_mex
                                Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                                Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                                by KarlB
                                Very well done!

Karl
                                Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                              Working...
                              X