Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Clock

Hello Everyone
    Well here it is my finished clock for the ready to assembled kit Evelyn gave me for Christmas. The kit is from Cherry Tree and made of pine the movement is a 4 Quarter Westminster. The finish is minwax sedona red with 4 coat of gloss shellac. It was a fairly easy kit to build I did make one change to the kit, the speaker for the clock has a mounting point on the back of the movement box it didn't sound that good, so I drilled a 2" hole on the top covered it with a piece of router mat (the black square in the second photo) I super glued the speaker on the under side. It made a big difference in the sound much deeper and richer. Any and all comments as welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Band Saw Box; 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Beautiful job, Dan. Pretty clever of Evelyn to give you a gift that she could enjoy, too.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice job Dan. Looks good. The finish looks well done. I always like clocks. So what is the next project?

Comment

Thanks Carole and North Wood for the comments, it is nice to have a gift we both and enjoy. At this time I'm not sure what my next project is I got three new scroll saw books for my birthday so it could come from one of those books plus I have 3 people whowould like chess sets made.

Comment

Very nicely done. That's a classic looking clock and I'm sure it looks great in your home.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Nice work Dan, I like it very much.

Bob
            Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Dan - when you said 'pine' I thought 'ok, sure.' But DANG! I would say cherry for sure. It is beautiful! You did a wonderful job. Kudos to Evelyn for making such a good choice of gifts!

John
              I've Got A Lot More To Learn
              About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
              "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Thanks for sharing the picture of your nice looking clock

Comment

Nicely Done Dan. This will be in the family for years I bet. Thanks for sharing it with us.

DW
                  Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                  John Wayne

Comment

OK who did it, who did it, who moved my post. I went to off topic to see if there were any new replays and was gone. Thanks everyone for the really nice comments. It was a really fun project to build.

Comment

Looks really good, I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me build a Grandfather clock off of theartfactory.com again really nice job.Jerry
                      Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Thanks Duke for the nice comment and for the web site name I checked it out there are some great patterns I'm going to add to my favorites.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                          Today, 12:59 AM
                        • will8989
                          Sundays market
                          by will8989
                          When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                          Today, 12:46 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                          by will8989
                          I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                          Today, 12:27 AM
                        • jim_mex
                          Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                          by jim_mex
                          Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                          Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                        • KarlB
                          Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                          by KarlB
                          Very well done!

Karl
                          Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                        Working...
                        X