Ice Cream Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cream Box

Here's my version of the ice cream box. Woods used were butternut for the bowl (at least I was told it was butternut), aromatic cedar for the ice cream and yellowheart for the pineapple. I like strawberry ice cream with pineapple chunks and aromatic cedar is easy to sand and I wanted something easy for the first bowl. It was a lot easier to make than I thought!

All comments welcome!

Charles
    Attached Files
    Charles

Can't get much sweeeeeter than that.........looks great Charles. I never saw butternut up close and personal, it sure is a beautiful wood. What cha doing next from Carole's book?
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Way to go, Charles! I never thought of using cedar for strawberry, or adding pineapple chunks. Now if only we could figure out how to make chocolate syrup!

The butternut wood for the dish is fantastic. Congratulations on a really successful project! (And I'm glad it was easier than you thought it would be.)
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Looks really taste to me Charles. An outstanding job Butternut is sure a beautiful wood. Thanks for sharing.
        sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
        To all who serve or have served, Thank you
        Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments!

Wood Dog, I cut another ice cream box with vanilla icing. That was the icing I sanded my fingernail off with. It's coming along nicely. I've also cut 3 cupcakes with 2 icings, just have to think about what kind of icing I want for the 3rd.

Thanks Carole. Yes, it was MUCH easier that I thought! Even the cupcakes with the ridges were easier!

Will post photos of the cupcakes when finished.

Charles
          Charles

Comment

Nice job, it looks great!

Trout
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
            Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Very nice Charles looks good enough to eat
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Excellent job Charles. Looking forward to your next one.

DW
                Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                John Wayne

Comment

That is awesome Charles!! Darn it I got side tracked last week and didn't get my book ordered!! I have to get that done!!! Thanks for the motivation!!
                  Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by will8989
                    None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                    Today, 12:20 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                    The bags seem easier on the surface.
                    But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                    Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by will8989
                    Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                    Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    by Sandy Oaks
                    As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                    Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by NC Scroller
                    I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                    Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                  Working...
                  X