Skittles Dispenser - Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skittles Dispenser - Version 2

Here is a slightly modified gumball dispenser from Steve Good's Pattern. I have added a tray. The wood is a new plywood my local Lowes started carrying. It was finished with Tung Oil.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Good job, DW,
    Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

The tray is a good idea. The wood is really intriguing and gives a different personality to the design - nice job!

Comment

Very nice change DW
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

The tray is a much needed addition.........sweeeeet stuff DW. That looks like BB ply, is it?
          I'll have to check out my local Lowe's if it is, I have to go to Rockler's for BB ply now, but sure would be easier at Lowe's.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
            The tray is a much needed addition.........sweeeeet stuff DW. That looks like BB ply, is it?
            I'll have to check out my local Lowe's if it is, I have to go to Rockler's for BB ply now, but sure would be easier at Lowe's.
            Actually this is NOT BB. This is ply that is from a company that is making a US equivalent called Appleply. It is made here in the states and is distributed in the US and Canada. The play generally has a white maple facings both sides with 1/16 birch core layers. Here is the website for more information on the Appleply States Industries Appleply

DW
            John Wayne

Comment

The tray is a nice addition. This one is on my too do list and you have made me want to give it a try more than ever.
              Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

DW nice project! Thanx so much for the info on the new plywood...I am definetly going to check and see if our local Lowe's carries it, it has so much possibilities!!! Is it only sold as 4' x 8' sheet goods, or is it available in smaller cut sizes? What is the cost in your area? Have you tried to stain it?

Thanx Again!
                ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
                  DW nice project! Thanx so much for the info on the new plywood...I am definetly going to check and see if our local Lowe's carries it, it has so much possibilities!!! Is it only sold as 4' x 8' sheet goods, or is it available in smaller cut sizes? What is the cost in your area? Have you tried to stain it?

Thanx Again!
                  Kim at the Lowes near me it was cut in board sizes from 4 inches to about 10 inches and several feet in length. They also had 2' square and 2' x 4' sections. It was a little more expensive than regular maple comparable to BB prices. I was glad to see a US made BB replacement.

DW
                  John Wayne

Comment

Thanx DW for the info as it will give me an idea of where to look in the store...ya know how hard it is to find help sometimes ;-). If it is close in price it is well worth buying Made in USA products...which I try as much as possible.

Thanx again & happy sawdust!
                    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                      Today, 10:32 AM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                      Today, 09:46 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by NC Scroller
                      I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                      Today, 07:42 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      by NC Scroller
                      I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                      Today, 07:39 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                      Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                    Working...
                    X