Chained to my shop.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chained to my shop.........

Now this was a super sweeeet fun project, patterns in SSWC magazine, issue 46. Thanks to Adrian Iredale for the lock pattern, and thanks to Gerard and Susan Harron for the chain pattern.
    IMG_6109 (Small).JPG
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Hey Wood Dog you beat me!! I have that one started. Probably won't get back to it until the weekend. Your's turned out awesome!! Makes me want to run out to the shop and work on mine!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

That is really cool.
      Linda

Comment

Looks great, WD. You are one talented lady!
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Sweeeeeeeet!
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nicely done WD. I like it a lot.

DW
            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
            John Wayne

Comment

THAT's cool! Although I thought, from reading the title of the thread, that we were going to see you just surrounded by orders!

Comment

Nice work! Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Wonderfully done!! Fun project.
                  DeWalt 788

Comment

WD you did a great job with the lock. What wood did you use? I like it as a blond.
                    It is a great conversation piece.
                    Last edited by Rolf; 01-19-2012, 07:03 AM.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Haven't decided what finish I'm going to use.....decisions, decisions.
                      Rolf I used cherry for outer, poplar for inner, and oak for chain. Key is walnut, with oak dowel.
                      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Oak for the chain! Wow that must have been fun and taken a while.
                        That is a very light cherry, the one on the cover was also Cherry and I used a couple of coats of satin Gel varnish on it.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Looks like cherry to me Rolf, but I have been known to be wrong before.....there is no finish on it yet, so it should darken up a tad when I decide what finish to use. Yea that oak for the chain was a bit dumb....I don't like the way the rounded ends sand up.......V8_smack.gif and yes it did take some time.

Comment

Where can I buy one issue that has this pattern ? I see how to buy back issues and subscriptions, but not one single current issue.

Bob

Comment

Lowe's, Barnes & Nobel, Rockler.....some grocery stores.
                              Fun project go for it. Not sure just when the current issues will be there, the subscribers always get the issues first, but it should be soon if not now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Today, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Today, 10:31 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by tgiro01
                                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                                Today, 09:38 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Today, 06:47 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                                Today, 06:38 PM
                              Working...
                              X