Platter of Cup Cakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platter of Cup Cakes

here is my version of the cup cake boxes and platter from Carole's new book Creative Wooden Boxes from the Scroll Saw...

the woods that I used was Mahogany for the box base.
    Cherry, Maple and Yellow heart for the frosting and assortment of woods for the sprinkels...

for the platter I used Black Walnut...

here is an open cup cake...

Thanks Carole for the great project...
    thanks for looking..

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Thanks, Trout, for doing such a fabulous job! Joe (my partner) said that yours look every bit as good as mine, and I completely agree.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Hope Mrs. Trout is happy--she certainly is one lucky woman.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

thanks Carole....
      I think my next project from the book will be the miniature furniture boxes..

I have to thank Mrs.Trout for allowing me to do this stuff and for looking over my shoulder when we were first discussing the book before it even came out..
      I think she ordered the book that day...

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

The miniature furniture boxes are my favorites. They are based on cake decorations I used to do, that were always a big hit.

The first one I designed was the dresser. It occurred to me one day that you could put overlay drawer fronts on bandsaw boxes, like the way they do with kitchen cabinets. The dresser was the first, then I made the overlay big enough to cover the whole front for the bookcase. The blanket chest was really easy, especially if you use Forstner bits to help with the cutting. And the china cabinet actually was designed after the book was submitted. Because of delays, I had time to play around some more, and liked it so much that I kicked off another project to get it in. The bases were adapted from the Ginger Jar base--it's such an easy way to get a real "furniture" look.

Please thank Mrs. Trout for ordering the book--I'm glad she likes the projects, and that she lets you do this stuff.
        Carole

Comment

I'm taking this project to the fair...
          the wooden box division is the most favored and hardest division to compete in, if anything it will look great just being displayed.
          last year I won a blue ribbon with Carole's collapsible basket so who know?

so far I have the skate boarding bear that I made for my grandson and this one for my fair entries...

Trout
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Trout you do some fantastic work

Comment

they look great!
              T
              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Nicely done.
                "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Now that is really totally sweeeet, well done Trout. I'm eager to get into the book also, but have to finish a few projects first. For anyone on the fence about getting the book.....go for it, so many cool projects in it.
                  Good luck at the fair Trout.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Very nicely done Trout. Thanks for sharing them with us

DW
                    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                    John Wayne

Comment

Look good enough to eat

Comment

Beautiful workmanship, Trout!
                        DeWalt 788

Comment

WOW WOW! Great job!!! Their next on my list! I'm working on the Ice Cream Box! Will post pictures as soon as I can get back into the shop.

Charles
                          Charles

Comment

Sounds yummy, Charles. Cupcakes, ice cream--we can have a party! Glad you all are so talented--makes me look good!
                            Carole

Comment

Wow Trout! - thanks to a tip from Carole I finally found this thread and I'm well pleased that I didn't miss it. Superb work and if I had my way I'd be making space for that blue ribbon right now. Congratulations and thanks for sharing such an interesting project in this and the WIP post.
                              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X