Carole's new book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carole's new book

I just got a notification that the shipping date for Carols new box book has moved from February 3 to January 12....
    I also got the spring issue of SSW today and it so happens to have Carol's apple tart box in it...

prefect timing....I've been wanting to start a new project...

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Thanks Trout for the heads up. I just ordered it. I'm excited to get it!
    DeWalt 788

Comment

Yep, got my notice too.......and seeing that the mailman did NOT bring my new SSWC magazine issue yesterday, at least I got some good news before going to sleepy_nite_nite_walks to bed.gif
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Got my notice too today. Scheduled here Jan 11 or 12th. Yahoooie

Boxes of all kinds have been my passion for many many years....making and buying.
        An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Comment

I ordered from Amazon in Canada as I was ordering other books and this gave me free shipping and handling.

Be interesting on how long it takes to ship in Canada. It says 1 to 2 months when I order at the end of December.

Don
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I got a notice by email today the "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Label Created On:
            01/06/2012

Hopefully I will have my book soon. I also don't have my SSW. The information from SSW was that it was shipped on the 26th of Dec. I don't think it takes 2 weeks to reach Kentucky.

Charles
            Charles

Comment

I was at woodcraft in Eugene,Or. they had it there... It looks like a good book... Lance

Comment

Yes I got my email notice as well stating estimated arrival date on Jan. 11,
                can't wait. And it sounds as though Carole's new book will be about 40 pages longer that her bowl making book, because of more pictures needed for illustration purposes. And you know how we all LOVE pictures.... Thanks Carole.

Bob

Comment

You're right Bob. This book is a lot longer. They (the decision-makers at Fox Chapel) decided on a higher price point, which translates into many more pages. What's really neat is that the discount on Amazon is so large that it's barely more than the less expensive books.

I actually had to cut about 50 pages of pictures, which meant a couple of projects removed, and fewer process photos. However, if there's anything that needs more explanation, I can always fill in with the deleted photos, or shoot a video.

I'm really excited that this is finally happening, after so much waiting. And I really hope that the book meets everyone's expectations, especially after all the support I've received.
                  Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Congradulations Carole good job...

Comment

Whats the name of her new book and where do you find it? TY Wildcat
                      Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
                      Semper Fi

Comment

TY, the book's called "Creative Wooden Boxes from the Scroll Saw". If you go to my blog, I have a photo of the cover with a link to Amazon. Thanks for asking!
                        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Mrs.Trout gets home tonight and the first thing she says to me .....

YOUR IN TROUBLE! I look at her and asked...WHAT DID I DO?

she hands me my book.....
                          Great job Carole, I can't wait to get started....

Trout
                          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                          Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Mine is due here tomorrow!!!! Can't wait!

Charles
                            Charles

Comment

Ohhh, got BOTH of Carole's books today, wow. I'm in overload.

Thank you Carole

Regis
                              An old beginner leaping in.

Pleased with my new EX-16.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by tgiro01
                                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                                Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                              Working...
                              X