Dry Vase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Vase

This 1950's retro vase has been cut from Poplar and Cedar. It is approx 7 inches tall and 4 inches wide. This vase is set up to be used as a dry vase. Sanded to 400 grit and then finished with bees wax and mineral oil mixture.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Nice, DW, as usual. Kinda reminds me of a lava lamp.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Carole. Very nice DW
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Nice work. Making a scrolled bowl or vase is on my 2012 cut list.

BTW...I had never heard the term dry vase. I had always heard them referred to as weed pots. See def below.

"What is a weed pot? That's a very fair question? My definition is: "any vessel for holding a single stem of grass or weed, that isn't a normally accepted vase shape". It's that simple. If it's capable of holding a scrap of grass, a cotton tail or a ear of wheat, then it fits the bill, regardless of shape, or material."
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Great job DW.
          Linda

Comment

Nice job. Love the shape & great job.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Beautiful piece of work I've never done many of the specialty items you can do on a scroll saw like intarsia, bowls, boxes, cpmpound cutting, etc. I am mainly a stick-in-the-mud kinda guy, doing mostly fret work. However, I truly admire those that do!
              "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Nice, the vase or I should say one similar, is also on my possible pieces to try list once I get more experience. Nice work.
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Nice work!
                  Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                  "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hotshot
                    Reply to Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                    by hotshot
                    I'll go back and try a light emboss, my main intent here was to stand at the other side of the room and watch the pressure gauge from a distance, and see if it would go full force without leaks, so pressing through a 2/4 wasn't really the plan. A pin size leak at 10,000 psi is a very very dangerous...
                    Today, 10:21 PM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Reply to Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Glad you got repaired and I am intrigued by the embossing idea.
                    Today, 07:27 PM
                  • RJweb
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by RJweb
                    Betty, I see you are working the night shift again, good luck on your next farmers market, RJ...
                    Today, 05:45 PM
                  • hotshot
                    Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                    by hotshot
                    So, before I traveled to a larger town to find a place that could help me with my hydraulic hose connection, I took the advice of one of the members here and called around to a few auto-parts stores. The stores I called didn't do that kind of thing, however they directed me to a store here in town that...
                    Today, 05:28 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by Rolf
                    The auto darkening helmet is a must have in my opinion, especially for the home hobby welders. if you are a pro and do it all the time maybe not.

Couldn't agree more Rolf. The helmet has been a game changer for me.
                    Today, 08:39 AM
                  Working...
                  X