Dry Vase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Vase

This 1950's retro vase has been cut from Poplar and Cedar. It is approx 7 inches tall and 4 inches wide. This vase is set up to be used as a dry vase. Sanded to 400 grit and then finished with bees wax and mineral oil mixture.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Nice, DW, as usual. Kinda reminds me of a lava lamp.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Carole. Very nice DW
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Nice work. Making a scrolled bowl or vase is on my 2012 cut list.

BTW...I had never heard the term dry vase. I had always heard them referred to as weed pots. See def below.

"What is a weed pot? That's a very fair question? My definition is: "any vessel for holding a single stem of grass or weed, that isn't a normally accepted vase shape". It's that simple. If it's capable of holding a scrap of grass, a cotton tail or a ear of wheat, then it fits the bill, regardless of shape, or material."
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Great job DW.
          Linda

Comment

Nice job. Love the shape & great job.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Beautiful piece of work I've never done many of the specialty items you can do on a scroll saw like intarsia, bowls, boxes, cpmpound cutting, etc. I am mainly a stick-in-the-mud kinda guy, doing mostly fret work. However, I truly admire those that do!
              "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Nice, the vase or I should say one similar, is also on my possible pieces to try list once I get more experience. Nice work.
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Nice work!
                  Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                  "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                    by will8989
                    Its a marathon not a dance. My 14 year old grandson ran a 8:50 mile in the 10k and finished 150 out of 1550 runners! My 12 year old granddaughter ran a 11:16 mile and came in 661 out of 1600 runners. Beat her mother by 100th of a second! I’m sure Sarah let her cross the line first. Tomorrow is the...
                    Today, 03:05 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Today’s market
                    by will8989
                    I’m toast! All orders picked up, almost everything sold from the table. Did I say something about taking off tomorrow​​​​​? Nope....
                    Today, 02:54 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                    by tgiro01
                    I must apologize to everyone on the list. I'm afraid my ornaments will be late. Thursday afternoon, Connie got checked into the hospital with congestive heart failure. Between that and her alzheimers, it has been an interesting couple of days. Once she is released from the hospital, she will go to an...
                    Today, 01:58 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Today’s market
                    by will8989
                    These items, except the Christmas sign, are for 2 orders. Had a tough time this week, that brick wall kept getting in my way! Other than the market, I’m off until Monday! I decided to raise the price of the Christmas sign to $40. Tomorrow will be a heat wave - 45 at 6am! Mostly sunny. We’ll see...
                    Yesterday, 07:49 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Fox Chapel show in May ???
                    by will8989
                    And lots of fun! Really enjoyed the dinners....
                    Yesterday, 07:37 PM
                  Working...
                  X