• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safe finish for salad bowls

any advice? making set of 8
    Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
    Semper Fi

There is a product called Salad Bowl Finish available at Lowes or HD that is certified food safe and is designed for just that.

Jan

Comment

I think that Behlen's makes a salad bowl finish. I like Boos oil, which is made for butcher blocks and is totally nontoxic. Also smells nice.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Mineral oil is a popular and very cheap product that is perfectly fine to use on items that come into contact with food. It's primary use is as a laxative and it's available in the pharmacy section of your local grocery store.

Mineral oil is a non-drying oil, so while it will soak into the wood, it doesn't ever cure like standard wood finishes do. This makes it easy to restore, just wipe some more one when the board looks dry. But beware that until it soaks into the wood completely, it will still look & feel wet and may leave residue on any other surfaces it contacts. It's totally harmless, so nothing to worry about.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X