Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movin the compound cut pattern?

Attached Files
    Last edited by tagordy; 12-11-2011, 09:59 PM.

Yea, I've fudge it a tad myself without a disaster, but do it before you start cutting the project. I've cut patterns from Keaner book, I forgot his first name, but he drew patterns without a dotted center line, so you have to just center it the best way you can. another option is to print out the pattern at 90, or 95%, so it will fit your wood better. Compounds are so cool to cut, and you did a sweeeet job on your project.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

WD,
      Had the perfect answer for your question. You did a nice job on the ornament.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice cutting on the ornament. When I cut them I use a little wider and thicker piece of wood just in case I get to close the the side...seems to work OK for me.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
          another option is to print out the pattern at 90, or 95%, so it will fit your wood better.

Comment

Make sure you have it locked well in your holder,If it moves after you cut the frist side you'll lose it. Lance

Comment

Excellent job on the ornament. Either using a slightly larger piece of wood or slightly shrinking the size of the pattern when printing it out works as well.

DW
              Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
              John Wayne

Comment

Cutting through the pattern issue on other side. This has happened to me when I did not start my initial cut from the top or bottom. If you have/want to start your cut on a "side wall" you must be careful that your "opposite side" pattern is facing you.

Comment

Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Tim,
                    are you using clamps or did you make a clamping device like i use with 2 carriage bolts and a wing nut..
                    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
                      Tim,
                      are you using clamps or did you make a clamping device like i use with 2 carriage bolts and a wing nut..
                      freehand, except for the tape on the sides holdin the piece in place from the first side cut

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sounds like your table to blade is O.K.
                            My guess for your next question is that you are using pine.......?
                            nothing wrong with that but it acts like what you describe.
                            Try using clamps or the jig Mike spoke of, one thing you don't want is the middle piece flopping around while cutting. Personally I like the small Quick clamps, but it's just a personal preference. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
                              Personally I like the small Quick clamps, but it's just a personal preference. Good luck.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                                Today, 12:25 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Bread and Cheese..
                                by keystonecop
                                ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                                Today, 12:08 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                                by keystonecop
                                This is in a 5x5 area.. The total shop is 10x12 ...
                                Today, 12:01 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Turning to something new
                                by jim_mex
                                Wow! That segmented bowl is amazing!

Betty - I have an old Darth Vader helmet somewhere. Will that substitute Bruce's get up? Failing that there always my current biker's helmet Thanks very much for the safety advice and concern. Rest assured that safety is my priority these days....
                                Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Turning to something new
                                by will8989
                                That is beautiful. Your design?
                                Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X