Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood-n-things
    replied
    If I had a lathe that would be a great solution. Good for you though!

Leave a comment:

• Don in Brooklin On
    replied
    Being a newbie, my halo's were not perfectly round so being a wood turner too I turned like you would a pen

I took a piece of yellow heart 4 inches long 1 inch square. Used a 1/2 forsner bit and drilled a hole from each end as the bit I had was only 2 inches long.

Mounted between centers and turned round to 3/4", sanded scored a line every 1/8"(+). Dismounted and cut off with a Japanese saw. Net about 25 halos.

Next time I am going to get a longed bit and do 6 inches at a time.

Don

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    I figured out why I was having a problem with my halo's breaking. I was using too thin of wood. I was using some 1/32" ply I normally use for book marks that was just too fragile I moved up to 1/8" stock (read the directions on the pattern sheet) & no more problems. Showed my neighbor and the lady at the copy center where I went to make some more copies of the patterns and sold my first 2 already. May have to keep a couple in my pocket to show around...seems people really like them.

Leave a comment:

• rippersmom
    replied
    I stack cut the halos and cut the wings individually. I painted the halos gold and also painted the wings; some white, some grey, some light brown, to have more contrast.

Nancy in AZ

Leave a comment:

• AirNationalGuardMom
    replied
    I just cut mine out on my scroll saw.
    Linda

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    I will have some pics tomorrow I just finished my first 2 pet angels and the glue is setting up.

Leave a comment:

• oily
    replied
    Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
    Those of you cutting the compound angels designed by Diana. I have a question regarding the halo's.

Do you just cut them out on the scroll saw or have you tried to mass produce the halos with a plug cutter and a drill bit? Perhaps you have another method?

I'm in the process of gluing up some blanks to cut later today so I thought I'd just ask for some tips.
    Curious Mike, send me something to look at.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    started a topic Compound angels by diana T ????

Compound angels by diana T ????

Those of you cutting the compound angels designed by Diana. I have a question regarding the halo's.

Do you just cut them out on the scroll saw or have you tried to mass produce the halos with a plug cutter and a drill bit? Perhaps you have another method?

I'm in the process of gluing up some blanks to cut later today so I thought I'd just ask for some tips.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 10-18-2011, 12:48 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X