Compound angels by diana T ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compound angels by diana T ????

Those of you cutting the compound angels designed by Diana. I have a question regarding the halo's.

Do you just cut them out on the scroll saw or have you tried to mass produce the halos with a plug cutter and a drill bit? Perhaps you have another method?

I'm in the process of gluing up some blanks to cut later today so I thought I'd just ask for some tips.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 10-18-2011, 12:48 PM.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
    Those of you cutting the compound angels designed by Diana. I have a question regarding the halo's.

Do you just cut them out on the scroll saw or have you tried to mass produce the halos with a plug cutter and a drill bit? Perhaps you have another method?

I'm in the process of gluing up some blanks to cut later today so I thought I'd just ask for some tips.
    Curious Mike, send me something to look at.
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I will have some pics tomorrow I just finished my first 2 pet angels and the glue is setting up.
      "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I just cut mine out on my scroll saw.
        Linda

Comment

I stack cut the halos and cut the wings individually. I painted the halos gold and also painted the wings; some white, some grey, some light brown, to have more contrast.

Nancy in AZ
          A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

I figured out why I was having a problem with my halo's breaking. I was using too thin of wood. I was using some 1/32" ply I normally use for book marks that was just too fragile I moved up to 1/8" stock (read the directions on the pattern sheet) & no more problems. Showed my neighbor and the lady at the copy center where I went to make some more copies of the patterns and sold my first 2 already. May have to keep a couple in my pocket to show around...seems people really like them.
            "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Being a newbie, my halo's were not perfectly round so being a wood turner too I turned like you would a pen

I took a piece of yellow heart 4 inches long 1 inch square. Used a 1/2 forsner bit and drilled a hole from each end as the bit I had was only 2 inches long.

Mounted between centers and turned round to 3/4", sanded scored a line every 1/8"(+). Dismounted and cut off with a Japanese saw. Net about 25 halos.

Next time I am going to get a longed bit and do 6 inches at a time.

Don
              Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

If I had a lathe that would be a great solution. Good for you though!
                "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                  The bags seem easier on the surface.
                  But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                  Today, 03:24 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by will8989
                  Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                  Today, 10:32 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                  Today, 09:46 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by NC Scroller
                  I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                  Today, 07:42 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  by NC Scroller
                  I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                  Today, 07:39 AM
                Working...
                X