Gift Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Box

My Cousin just got married and My parents are giving them an antique sugar and creamer set but they wanted me to make a box for them to live in so I made this.

Made from Black Walnut,Wavy Maple and Aromatic Cedar. The box is 5 x 7 x 11. The Dual Heart is inlayed.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Really lovely, DW. The box would be a gift even without the sugar and creamer set! And Jim would be proud of your inlays.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Totally awesome DW! Don
      Don

Comment

Nice box DW.

Beautiful inlay. Is the script inlayed too, or is it cut in fret? are the finger joints cut on a scroll saw.

Harry UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
          Nice box DW.

Beautiful inlay. Is the script inlayed too, or is it cut in fret? are the finger joints cut on a scroll saw.

Harry UK.
          Harry the script is fretwork and I did all the work on the scroll saw for the finger joints.

DW
          Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
          John Wayne

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Rolf
            The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
            Today, 08:49 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to My covid angel
            by NC Scroller
            I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
            Today, 07:27 AM
          • Quartz43
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Quartz43
            I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
            Today, 05:42 AM
          • GladeFade
            Reply to My covid angel
            by GladeFade
            First off how thick is the board you cut?
            When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
            that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
            for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
            Yesterday, 11:05 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Wooden Headstone
            by Linda In Phoenix
            I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
            Yesterday, 10:43 PM
          Working...
          X