bowls 2 and 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowls 2 and 3

Well this week I finished 2 more bowls. The first is poplar and the second is pine. Bigger than my last little cherry bowl. Still seemed to take a load of sanding and the insides leave a little to be desired (I tried routing out the bottoms with my new toy) but I like how they turned out. Both finished with mineral oil.

Thanks for looking!

Tammy
    Attached Files
    Tammy

Looking good, Tammy. The grain is really nice.

If you want to read about using the router to get a rounded bottom, try to get a copy of Spielman and Roehl's book about making bowls with a scroll saw and router. It's long out of print, but describes a process to make some really impressive stuff.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Very Nice!
      Congratulations, and nice work getting the grain aligned.
      Terry
      Got Moose?

Comment

Beautiful bowls Tammy.
        Linda

Comment

You got he grain on the pine bowl spot on! I had to look real close to see the edges of the rings. Both bowls look great.
          T
          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Great job Tammy. I like the grain structures on both of them. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
            John Wayne

Comment

Those turned out great! Nice job.

SQ
              If you can't fix it with sawdust and glue, it's not worth fixing.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I look forward to trying more!
                Tammy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mtwoodguy
                  Reply to Hi All
                  by mtwoodguy
                  Welcome Ian from Reno Nevada! Glad to have you aboard. Some saws can be frustrating, and others we love. Lots of help available here.
                  Today, 03:11 PM
                • Kingpin
                  Hi All
                  by Kingpin
                  Hello Everyone, Just joined and wanted to say hi I am Ian from England, Been working with wood most of My life in one form or another and only recently acquired a cheap little saw that I am yet to use in anger
                  Today, 12:53 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Bruce’s new toys
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  $35 was a great price no matter what. Bruce definitely scored big time. And by the same token, the wife found new homes for her hubby's stuff that she had no use for. I'd rather sell cheap to someone who may actually use them than any other purpose.
                  Today, 10:54 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Bruce’s new toys
                  by will8989
                  After cleaning the wheel and going through the drawers he found all the attachments/tools that came with the grinder. He priced everything and it was $500 plus. A member was selling the tools tor the wife of a member whose husband died last year. You think SLRA is picky with measuring, you should see...
                  Today, 10:22 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Original DW-788 Dewalt scroll saw made by Excalibur & sold by Sommerville
                  by NC Scroller
                  Yes, there is a market for the original. I think there are a couple other FL scrollers on this site. There are also a few on the Scrollsaw Village site. I would try scroll saw sites before I attempt Facebook Market Place or Craigslist....
                  Today, 09:47 AM
                Working...
                X