Gluing the halos on the angel ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluing the halos on the angel ornaments

G'morning, folks. I just received a PM asking how I manage to glue the halos onto the heads of the angel ornaments, and since I ran into the same difficulty, I decided to post the question here for all you angel makers to post your answers. My solution was to make a smaller hole in the halo. I use a 3/8 bit to drill the hole instead of cutting it on the saw. Yeah, it's hard to get the hole cut in the middle exactly (I redrew the halo, marked the centre and then made a zillion copies), but who says halos have to be perfectly dimensioned? I prefer that they stay firmly adhered! I've had the best luck using Aileen's clear gel tacky glue.

How about the rest of you? Any similar difficulties and solutions?

Lou
    www.woodbylouise.ca

Make the angels out of wormy wood and they will by holy. Maybe they'll grow their own halos. It's worth a try!

Dave

Comment

That's a groaner Dave.
      Keith

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
        3-layer sailboat plaque
        by Ennobee
        After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
        which I still have to keep trying until...
        Today, 12:23 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
        Yesterday, 11:21 PM
      • Ennobee
        Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
        by Ennobee
        Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
        Yesterday, 10:34 PM
      • Jim Finn
        Reply to Blades
        by Jim Finn
        I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
        Yesterday, 10:09 PM
      • Jim McDonald
        Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
        by Jim McDonald
        Scott,
        I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
        We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
        Yesterday, 05:20 PM
      Working...
      X