Wood Story I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Story I

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for the inspiration to keep going.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

what a inspiring story dave,
      not doing much
      and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Great story. I know the feelings as my Uncle Arthur (arthritis) has come to live with me and my speed and agility is not what it use to be. We do what we can and work around our demons just not as fast.
        Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks Dave...
          That was very inspiring...
          My Landlord and great old friend of mine inspires me in a similar way. He's beaten cancer twice, and to see how he never quits, (you should see his yard. It's just magnificent), has taught me to keep going no matter what. I have a rather vicious and painful form of Tourette's syndrome, and I've learned that even a small victory is still a victory...

Thanks again Dave, GREAT story....!!!!!!
          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
          No task is too tedious for Art.
          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Wonderful story Dave. Thanks for sharing it with us. I know at my age, I am slowed quite a bit, but, I have extra time now, being retired. I do some things very slowly, that I used to do in a short time. I will think about that gentleman when I have any type of work to do. Thanks again.
            PERK

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
              Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Yes Dave, it so true for so many of us that "got older" Our minds are sharp but the parts of our bodies do not work the same as they did in the past. I also used to build furniture, but would not think of lifting those heavy boards again. Perhaps that is the reason I use the scroll and band saw much more than I use the table saw. I am just thankful I am able to do something...so many folks can't even do that!
                Hawaiilad
                Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiilad View Post
                  I am just thankful I am able to do something...
                  Amen Larry....
                  That I can bring smiles to folks anyway is truely a blessing....
                  Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                  No task is too tedious for Art.
                  Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                  Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Dave, that was an inspiring story and something we can all expect to encounter as we age. Thank you for sharing that great story.

Mike

Comment

Dave, a truly inspirational story and message. When I usually find limitations, it makes me push harder. However, when they are physical limitations that is not the case, so therefore you make up for it other ways. Once again this forum is ispirational and sends a great message for us all!

Thanx for sharing!
                      ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Life is full of adapting. If we don't, we are left behind. And that is definitely no fun.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Dave, here's another thanks for once again reminding us that age and infirmity are only time frames and hurdles, not the end of being able to do things.

As the ageless wonder Satchel Paige once said...'How old would you be if you did not know how old you were?'

george
                          A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                          George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Great story
                            Smitty
                            Dewalt 788

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. Many can be inspired and learn from it.
                              Bob
                              ichibob
                              aka - Bob, USAF Ret.
                              www.grandpaswoodshed.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X