Music Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Box

so, for my first kickoff project, i'm making a music box.
    i've spent over 3 weeks making the plans for the music box, and i just BARELY got to work in the woodshop today (blood is still pumping!!!) and i've rough cut about 60% of the pieces.

I have a couple of ACD files and will upload on request, but the next post i make here will be with just standard JPEG's of the project, and every piece is accounted for.
    the project has 2 bevel gears and will have a small rotating thingy that has 2 figures rotating on the top.

Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to the pictures.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
      Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
      by meflick
      got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
      Yesterday, 08:21 PM
    • Jo Labre
      Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
      by Jo Labre
      At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
      Yesterday, 11:13 AM
    • hotshot
      by hotshot
      The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
      Yesterday, 10:14 AM
    • Rolf
      by Rolf
      Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
      Yesterday, 09:32 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
      by Rolf
      I haven't even decided what to make!
      Yesterday, 09:27 AM
    Working...
    X