New box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New box

Man, I see all these gorgeous boxes and bowls everyone are making, SQ! I'm kinda hesitant about posting my simple little things. But, here is the latest box I my for my daughters sister, her moms other daughter. Cut it out of 1/4" poplar. On the inside I took pieces of 1/8" plexi glass and coarse sanded both sides to get the frosted look. Hope you like it. Don
    Attached Files
    Don

Originally posted by tdub4ever View Post
    Man, I see all these gorgeous boxes and bowls everyone are making, SQ! I'm kinda hesitant about posting my simple little things. But, here is the latest box I my for my daughters sister, her moms other daughter. Cut it out of 1/4" poplar. On the inside I took pieces of 1/8" plexi glass and coarse sanded both sides to get the frosted look. Hopegoin you like it. Don
    Don, your box looks fantastic! Wonderful pattern. Sanding the plexiglass to make it look frosted was very clever. I have never make that kind of box and am wondering how you attached the sides of the box - glue? nails?

That is a box to be proud of! I'm sure the recipient is going to be thrilled with it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

SQ
    Last edited by susieq4131; 09-24-2011, 11:56 PM.
    If you can't fix it with sawdust and glue, it's not worth fixing.

Comment

Lovely workmanship. She will love it.
      DeWalt 788

Comment

I agree with SQ, Don you should be very proud of that lovely box....
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Great job Don. I like the frosted plexi idea. I have used that for a light I made for my bedroom. Thanks for sharing it with us.

DW
          Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
          John Wayne

Comment

Great job Don. I love the font you used. She is going to love it.
            Linda

Comment

Thank you all for the confidence building words! Don
              Don

Comment

Don,
                I think you did GREAT...luv the lettering used and 'frosting' the plexiglass. Keep up the great work and keep posting picts!
                ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Well now you are on the list of the "gorgeous boxes and bowls everyone are making" great job! I like it a-lot!
                  Jerry
                  Life's funny if you laugh at it!

http://dedijerry.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DediWoodworks

Comment

Great job!
                    God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

That is gorgeous. What font did you use?

Comment

Great job and you should never feel apprehensive about posting your work. For that matter nobody should hesitate to share their work. We are all in this together.....LOL
                        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You all are too kind! The font I used was "Heartland Reg." Don
                          Don

Comment

Love the box. I still haven't gotten my nerve up to try a box! Good job!
                            Anneh

Comment

Great work Don
                              Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jim Finn
                                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                                Today, 04:48 PM
                              • MidMich324
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by MidMich324
                                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                                Today, 03:42 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Farmers market "survey"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              Working...
                              X