Intarsia Rose Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intarsia Rose Box

Created this from the Fox Chapel book. It was my first try at intarsia and I made it as a gift for my Aunt. The process was very fun, and I learned a lot!

You did a very nice job cutting that rose. I have not seen that pattern, but have seen a few boxes made by others. Yours seems to just jump right out...
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

WOW! That is a great box - bet your Aunt will be the envy of everyone she shows it to. Which book was this in?
      Harbor Freight (Central Machinery) 65406 - 26"

Comment

Wowwowwow!!!! Love it
        May the wind at you back .....
        Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Excellent job! Which of the Fox Chapel books has that pattern. It's a beauty. I know your aunt will love it.

Jan

Comment

That is one pretty rose box! Nice work! Your Aunt will be thrilled for sure.

Nancy in AZ
            A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Beautiful!
              DeWalt 788

Comment

I think that is the Petal-perfect Rose Box By Robert Ardizzoni. It was in the issue 31 Summer 2008 Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts. Very nice job on it. Your aunt will love it!!
                Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Thanks everyone! I got the pattern out of the Fox Chapel book called "Creating Wooden Boxes on the Scroll Saw." Here is the Amazon link to the book if you'd like to see the cover.

Amazon.com: Creating Wooden Boxes on the Scroll Saw: Patterns and Instructions for Jewelry, Music, and Other Keepsake Boxes (The Best of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Cra) (9781565234444): Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts: Books

In the book, they do the entire rose and box out of (I believe) Black Walnut. So, it is a dark brown box. Instead, I decided to make the rose out of Padauk due to it's redish color. I made the stem/thorn/leaves out of poplar and stained the with a color based stain.

I debated a long time whether I should use color on the leaves and stem since the rose in the book looks so beautiful. But, I wanted to be a bit unique. Oh, and my Aunt totally flipped out! She loved the box.

Comment

Very nice! Great job on your first, beautiful wood choices!

BTW... I just placed 2nd place in the State Fair of Texas wood box division with that pattern, you can see it my gallery.
                    Jerry
                    Life's funny if you laugh at it!

http://dedijerry.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/DediWoodworks

Comment

Beautiful job.
                      Linda

Comment

Gorgeous!

SQ
                        If you can't fix it with sawdust and glue, it's not worth fixing.

Comment

Congratulations Jerry! I grew up and spent most of my life in Texas....and miss it! :-) Would love to visit the State Fair again.

Comment

Excellent job. I like that a lot. I used to live in Texas for about 20 years and wish I had gone to the State Fair a time or two. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

DW
                            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                            John Wayne

Comment

Beautiful, just beautiful, I would even say sweeeeeet!
                              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X