Compound cut bird homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compound cut bird homes

I finally got on the band wagon yesterday and cut a bunch of compound cut bird houses. They are fun to cut it's true. The prep time got to me. As I did not have anything already sized at 1 1/4" I had to either do glue ups or take the boards to the planner. I ended up making 15 of them and found the cutting was very fast. I made a hand held holder that worked good, but perhaps the clamps would work better. I skipped the step of taping after the first cut and did have to hold a few pieces that wanted to come apart. I think I would like to increase the size of the ornaments, but of course would have to use light weight wood so they are not to heavy. I think I will dip the finished product before adding a hanger.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

"Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

It's not nice to tease us without ......camera smiley.gif
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

OK, OK, I will take some pictures and post them.....soon.....
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

LOL Thanks.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
            Reply to My computer issues.
            by Quartz43
            Glad things worked out.

I just updated my older PC. The hard drive was 500 gb and eight years old. I cloned it to a one TB SSD (solid state drive). Put the cloned drive in and worked perfectly with all my old programs. The computer is now much faster. The new drive was about $100 and...
            Today, 05:02 PM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Need suggestions or a bit of guidance
            by NC Scroller
            You nailed it.👍
            Today, 04:03 PM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to A new toy.
            by NC Scroller
            Once upon a time ( in the 70's) i attempted bow hunting. I believe the bow had a 45 pound draw. I quickly learned that it was not for me. It takes lot of hard work and practice just to be fair at it. Good is a whole different level. I hope you do better than I did.
            Today, 04:02 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to A new toy.
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Now that's a cool way to maintain hand/eye coordination. Enjoy that toy--- and--- HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS OUT THERE!
            Today, 01:30 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to My computer issues.
            by Linda In Phoenix
            So glad you are back up and running. You will be awed by the speed of your new drive, fresh drivers, and cleaned up files. Spring housecleaning!
            Today, 01:28 PM
          Working...
          X