Compound cut bird homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compound cut bird homes

I finally got on the band wagon yesterday and cut a bunch of compound cut bird houses. They are fun to cut it's true. The prep time got to me. As I did not have anything already sized at 1 1/4" I had to either do glue ups or take the boards to the planner. I ended up making 15 of them and found the cutting was very fast. I made a hand held holder that worked good, but perhaps the clamps would work better. I skipped the step of taping after the first cut and did have to hold a few pieces that wanted to come apart. I think I would like to increase the size of the ornaments, but of course would have to use light weight wood so they are not to heavy. I think I will dip the finished product before adding a hanger.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

"Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

It's not nice to tease us without ......camera smiley.gif
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

OK, OK, I will take some pictures and post them.....soon.....
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

LOL Thanks.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
            Reply to What do you think?
            by Gary beasley
            I tried a house vac once for a dust collector. It was prone to clogging the lines and when I tried to put a cyclone can on it the vacuum collapsed the garbage can.
            Yesterday, 09:29 PM
          • Gary beasley
            Reply to Vases
            by Gary beasley
            I found this pattern in Steves catalog and freehanded a vase form. This one may appeal to the folks that bought the butterfly vase.
            Yesterday, 09:25 PM
          • Trackman
            Reply to Vases
            by Trackman
            Sorry took so long to answer. The brown vase I added butterfly instead of doing wood burning. Wanted to keep them so they would appeal to several people. I sold all of them to a flower shop....
            Yesterday, 05:13 PM
          • Bill Wilson
            Reply to My lucky day!
            by Bill Wilson
            Being younger than 65, with no qualifying health conditions, I don't anticipate getting a vaccine for some time. My wife works for the school district, so she may be eligible in the next phase. President Biden says that supply will be sufficient for all US adults by end of May. I'm hoping that proves...
            Yesterday, 04:16 PM
          • MidMich324
            Reply to What do you think?
            by MidMich324
            Will a shop vac work for the table saw?.
            Yesterday, 11:26 AM
          Working...
          X