X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Batch of Sawdust!!!

Attached Files
    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Attached Files
    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Nice work. Despite your tribulations they have come up well. I especially like the fleur de lis box

Comment

Attached Files
        ~ Kim

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

My Kim you HAVE been busy. All those look great. You have done an excellent job on all of them. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
          Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
          John Wayne

Comment

You certainly are creative, Kim! Beautiful work!

Paul
            www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Wow - what fun. They are beautiful.
              DeWalt 788

Comment

Kim, your work makes me smile. It's always so colorful and creative, not to mention well done.

And it's so interesting how we seem to work in the same way. I've also looked at the very same books you mentioned, and adapted the methods to the scroll saw, looking for ways to avoid conventional joinery and very thick wood. I figure why not look at what the most talented people have done for good ideas to work from, then take it from there?

And it's also interesting how we're drawn to the same types of projects. First the coffee cup box (still haven't seen your version--is it DOA or is there hope?), and now with the pivot lid box. Would you believe that I have a chapter in my new book called "pivot lid boxes"? It's such an interesting mechanism to play with. DW posted some nice boxes using that mechanism for the drawers--it's a really neat approach. I'm working with it now for my "Judaica" series, and had success using small magnets to secure the lid. I'm trying to make a puzzle box version, just for something really different.

What is so wonderful about your work is that it moves scrolled projects out of the expected, and really capitalizes on the potential of the tool. I'm glad you've started playing with stacked ring boxes (and yes, I have a chapter on those in my new book, too!) since that opens up even more possibilities. It's the scroll saw answer to the lathe, and a lot more versatile since you're not limited to round shapes.

Keep those projects coming!
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Once again, I'm amazed at the BEAUTY that can be created - what a gorgeous selection of boxes! Just ----- WOW!

Comment

Absolutely stunning. I really like the final outcome on the leaf but they are all very nice.
                    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wow!!! I am green with jealousy!! I wish I was as imaginative as you are!! A stunning collection of boxes Kim..... I'm thinking BOOK.
                      Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone - you sure make a girl smile!!! I have had a total blast with these - even with all the challenges!!!! Believe it or not, another half dozen in the presses and atleast another dozen designs on the bench. I think I have really found a new passion...box making. What is so much fun is learning and experimenting with new ideas and methods...working on segmentation projects right now. I have also done a second generation on the Book Stash Box, Acorn Box and Scalloped Shell Boxes...they went smoother this time and fixed some of the issues I had with the initial ones. However, I still feel there are room for improvement on all of them.

Carole - thanx for all your great comments and encouragement! I know we think alike and it is almost scary - lol! I can't even imagine if we lived closer to each other...boards would run in fear - ha ha! My coffe cup box is temporarily DOA...until I can figure out a jig or something to hold the cup level/straight to drill the random holes I want. However...I've got a plan for an alternative method I am hoping to test this weekend. If it ever makes it to the final stages I will be sure to post it!

Mike - Thanx for the vote on the Sweetgum Leaf Box. I am trying to think of some other projects I can test this method out on...hopefully they don't decorate my firepit - lol!

Once again...thanx everyone...this forum is an inspiration in itself!!!
                        ~ Kim

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Awesome Kim...!!!!!!
                          And to think, you did all of this without old yella....
                          I can only imagine what you might do when you get your Excalibur...hehehe

Seriously though, Off the hook girl...!!!!!
                          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                          No task is too tedious for Art.
                          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. I have to say I have a weakness for purpleheart, so that has to be my favorite.
                            Linda

Comment

Outstanding projects, totally sweeeeeeet. Thanks for posting your photos.
                              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X