Wooden Gear Clock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Gear Clock

Steve Good has out done himself on this pattern. Cut from Hard Maple, Quartersawn White Oak and Bamboo, finished with Semigloss Lacquer.

No this is not a total wooden clock.

DW
    Attached Files
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Very cool! Nice job with the cutting and finishing.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Sweeeeet, and ya beat me to it DW, mine is in the process of being cut. I also think Steve did one fine job on this pattern. I've had a wooden gear clock on my bucket list for some time, but know my skills are not up to making a working wooden clock, so this one will quench my thirst for the time being. Like the woods you have chosen very much. Way to go!
      Last edited by Wood Dog; 07-03-2011, 08:45 AM.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

It turned out very well . Nice cutting .

Roger

Comment

I like it very much.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Really nice, DW!

Paul
            www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Try the MLT-13

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
              I've had a wooden gear clock on my bucket list for some time, but know my skills are not up to making a working wooden clock, so this one will quench my thirst for the time being.
              Wood Dog. Anyone who can do the work you show on this site could easily make a working wooden clock. Especially the SSW&C MLT-13. Give it a try.

I was saying the same thing to myself as I originally looked at the plan, then I read someone say he was trying it as a first scrollsaw project. I had no excuse then. If he could do it, then I had better be able to :-) He was shaming me into trying. And lo and behold, it wasn't so hard after all.
              Calvin
              Calvin

Every Project is only practice for the next one.

Comment

No daily winding of that wooden movement .... I like it.

Rhys

Comment

DW, yours came out great I was playing around and cutting some cogs for Steve's clock also. First ones I ever cut. Will have to recut some over. Have to wait now until my new fd blades arrive for the scroll saw as the band saw blade I have is just too course. Hope mine comes out 1/2 as good
                  A wooden gear clock is also on my bucket list but much practice first

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dwssr2
                    wipe on poly and tack cloth
                    by dwssr2
                    Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
                    How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
                    Today, 05:58 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                    by tgiro01
                    Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
                    Today, 12:20 PM
                  • RJweb
                    by RJweb
                    The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
                    Today, 10:03 AM
                  • will8989
                    by will8989
                    Don’t forget to carry insurance if you sell a lot. It’s a necessary expense and a good "silent" partner and hope it stays that way. Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due...
                    Today, 08:44 AM
                  • keystonecop
                    by keystonecop
                    I was afraid some of my puzzles would not pass the test, but they did.. (I have some that I sell that would not (they are from the magazine) so I am not going to make them for sale anymore as I am worried about sales of those.. Maybe the magazine should have a statement of warning of small pieces if...
                    Yesterday, 08:19 PM
                  Working...
                  X