Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney Brown
    replied
    Welcome to the Forum from NC. I have a WEN but haven't had any problems other than the blower and the blade clamps. I'm not real familiar with the mechanics of the saw but it sounds like something broke inside. As far as cutting straight, I feel that has to deal with the blades you are using or the blade clamps themselves. I started out using Flying Dutchman blades and noticed to cut a straight line, I had to feed the piece at an angle.I've since switched to Pegas blades and that pretty much cured that problem. Also, I don't know how long you've had your saw but WEN has a 2-year warranty on their products.

I'd suggest removing the covers on the body to see if something has come undone or broken. Possibly the extension spring or the parts holding the extension spring in place. Good luck with your repairs. The WEN is a pretty good product, just aggravating at times because it doesn't have the bells and whistles that a more expensive saw has.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Welcome to the forum from Tennessee. I too have no experience with the Wen. I suggest you contact the business you bought it from. As a Pegas dealer, I would like to know these things and possibly help.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry but I have no experience with the Wen brand. Did you check you-tube?

Leave a comment:

• Maxwellkaty
    started a topic Wen 3921 something broke

Wen 3921 something broke

A few weeks ago while using the saw I heard a big pop and since it hasn’t been cutting straight. Now, I can’t even change the blade. It starts fine and the blade moves like it normally would. I see something about a tension bolt but I’m not sure how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
    Reply to Harbor Fraught
    by Rolf
    I did not read the fine print, actually not that fine. when I went to buy my new compressor for 25% off (not). That would have been nice, but I am still happy with my purchase. Although I have not used it yet as my garage is rather cold.
    7 deg this morning 50's tomorrow
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • Jimern
    Reply to Harbor Fraught
    by Jimern
    Some manufacturers will restrict items for resale to a certain price or basement price. And in some cases will only sell with the agreement of no discounts allowed.

And then there is margin, the retailer needs to make a certain amount of money on all sales.​
    Today, 09:20 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
    by Rolf
    Have you had big temperature swings in the shop? My first thought is something binding. I fix all of my own stuff and don't hesitate to take things apart to try and isolate where the issue is.
    That said at only two years old I would contact Denny and see if he can direct you to a Pegas tech center....
    Today, 09:15 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
    by NC Scroller
    Welcome. Could be a number of things. I would call Denny at Art Crafters of Dayton or Ray at Seyco. Both numbers can be found on the internet.
    Today, 06:47 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Question about tilting head saws
    by NC Scroller
    I still use my factory dust collector on my pre Chinese Ex21. No, not for everything that I cut but primarily for compound cutting where we generate a lot of sawdust. I did enhance my dust collector by replacing the membrane wit a piece made on a 3D printer. The enhancements gives a bit of extra...
    Today, 06:41 AM
Working...
X