Recommendations anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    Jim did you build that? really well done.
    Rolf, no I keep looking at them and thinking of doing it, but I am lucky my shop is sort of large enough for what I do, especially since I am drifting away from rebuilding Harley engines and repairing the bikes. I'm getting too old to be bent over that stuff anymore, even though I built the shop tables and all for me specifically (I am 6'4") so everything is higher up than normal.

I actually saw a better one I have bookmarked somewhere, I'll see if I can find the link
    Jim
    Texas - The Republic
    With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

Hi Jim - thanks for posting the flip top stand image.

That is a great idea I could really take advantage of to give me more space in my small workshed. I already have my planer mounted on a mobile angle iron framed cabinet I made and I think it will be pretty easy to modify it to also accommodate my drill press. You just gave me a project to take on for this week!

Jim in Mexico
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

My DH built one of those flip top stands. He put his planer and joiner on it. Will be a bit before I could show photos of it however. If anyone has questions on it, let me know and I can get insight from him.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

What have you folks done hardware wise to compensate for the weight during the flip over from one piece of equipment to the other? And then what about locking in place? Just curious.
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to Wood identification needed
            by Rolf
            This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
            Today, 07:38 AM
          • handibunny
            Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
            by handibunny
            I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
            Today, 07:01 AM
          • handibunny
            by handibunny
            If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
            Today, 06:59 AM
          • dgman
            by dgman
            The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
            Yesterday, 10:40 PM
          • vgraf
            Wood identification needed
            by vgraf
            I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
            Yesterday, 09:31 PM
          Working...
          X