Recommendations anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    Jim did you build that? really well done.
    Rolf, no I keep looking at them and thinking of doing it, but I am lucky my shop is sort of large enough for what I do, especially since I am drifting away from rebuilding Harley engines and repairing the bikes. I'm getting too old to be bent over that stuff anymore, even though I built the shop tables and all for me specifically (I am 6'4") so everything is higher up than normal.

I actually saw a better one I have bookmarked somewhere, I'll see if I can find the link
    Jim
    Texas - The Republic
    With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

Hi Jim - thanks for posting the flip top stand image.

That is a great idea I could really take advantage of to give me more space in my small workshed. I already have my planer mounted on a mobile angle iron framed cabinet I made and I think it will be pretty easy to modify it to also accommodate my drill press. You just gave me a project to take on for this week!

Jim in Mexico
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

My DH built one of those flip top stands. He put his planer and joiner on it. Will be a bit before I could show photos of it however. If anyone has questions on it, let me know and I can get insight from him.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

What have you folks done hardware wise to compensate for the weight during the flip over from one piece of equipment to the other? And then what about locking in place? Just curious.
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

After totally over-thinking this, I have decided to go ahead with the Micro Mark Saw. It will enable me to do everything I can imagine in my limited space and budget.
            I thank everyone for offering advice, and I look forward to receiving more. As soon as I get it and set it up, I will post pictures which may also explain my space dilemma better. Thank you again!!

Comment

If it means the difference between cutting something and doing nothing, then go for it. It might not be the choice of most of us, but we aren't working under the same constraints as you. Hope it works out for you. Looking forward to a review, once you get a few miles on it.
              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Every workspace is different, especially when your workspace is also your living area. Enjoy your new saw!
                Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• millwab
                  Reply to elementary questions
                  by millwab
                  Dan, your questions are a little tough to answer without knowing a little more about this puzzle you're cutting. That said, here are my thoughts:
                  • First of all, it would be helpful to know the overall size of this puzzle and how many pieces you're thinking of cutting it into. 1/2" BB is pretty
                  Today, 07:09 PM
                • dwssr2
                  elementary questions
                  by dwssr2
                  So I am making a puzzel for a co worker, not real intricagte, I am using 1/2 baltic birch, I almost always use fdur blades. My questions are what size blade sholuld I use, considering finish, and what size entry hole should I drill?
                  Next question is how to finish? When painting puzzles, different...
                  Today, 11:49 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  Thanks Linda. I got the email and sent you a reply. I hope I answered the questions....
                  Today, 11:33 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Hey Denny---I shot you an email with a few questions. I might just have to dip my toe into the world of Pegas blades vs FD. At least to try! Open minded explorations. Thank you ! Linda
                  Today, 10:29 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Having a Betty week
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Be careful---soon she will be able to outrun you! Remember when fridges lasted for decades?! Glad she's doing well.
                  Today, 10:12 AM
                Working...
                X