Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time member done little to no scroll sawing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time member done little to no scroll sawing.

Ok, I joined this group way back in 2012. Have done virtually no work since. However, quite recently I got the need to fill a lifelong ambition to build and furnish a dollhouse. so for some of the very small intricate work a scroll saw was needed. So I purchased the Harbor Freight Central Machinery one. Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    It came with the hanger type attachments. I was wondering what are your thoughts on POZSGAI'S DESIGNS EZ Set Blade Holder System at $38.49 or this one from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Olson-AC49610...s%2C180&sr=8-2

Sorry but no experience with either. For the price it may help. Surely it is a cheaper option than dropping $700 on another saw.

If you do go down this road please post how it turned out. It might help or save someone else.

PLEASE POST PICTURES OF THE DOLL HOUSE. We would love to see it.
    Last edited by NC Scroller; 11-20-2020, 07:57 AM.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I would go with Pozgai, I have the clamp mods he designed for the Hawks on my Hawk saw. His stuff is well engineered and well made.
      And like Scott said post pictures as you go "Please"
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome back! And I agree to please post your pics. We always enjoy the diversity of our members abilities.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I puchased the POZSGAI'S DESIGNS EZ Set Blade Holder System 4 years ago and it works fine on my cheap EINHELL scrollsaw. It was a good upgrade.
          Feel free to ask.
          Nintsios Vasilios
          GREECE

Comment

I would not invest any more cash in the Harbor Freight scroll saw. I had one, and it did not work so I sent it back. They sent me another and I used it 6-7 times and the speed controller died. So I then quit scrolling for a few years and eventually bought a DeWalt.
            Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
            "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X