• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, thanks for all the information.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Our suggested list price on the larger tables is $82.95. The overall length of the table goes from about 23" to 27", and the width remains about the same. But the distance from the blade to the front of the table goes from about 4-1/4" to about 7-3/4" (they give the measurements in metric, so I'm converting).
      The table is roughly 1/4" thick (before the coating) with a 1/8" countersink for the table bolts. This table eliminates the holes for dust collection (and the threaded holes to attach the dust collection port).

Tony,
      It is supposed to fit the King Industrial and Pegas, so I assume it will fit the Excalibur. Send me the distances between centers on your table bolts and I'll verify.

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

If Pegas starts to put that table on these saws by default, I think that would be a huge marketing advantage. I really like that they left the dust collection holes off. I think I would also call out the "tighter tollerances" improvements. If I saw that on the marketing materials, that would be a deciding factor.

And more than that, it shows that Pegas is continuing to innovate. I bet the King design is the same as the EX black/gold Anniversary edition all those years ago.
        Last edited by hotshot; 02-07-2020, 09:30 AM.
        "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone . . . I think . . . haha . . . the thread got a little side-tracked there . . .

Just ordered a Pegas 21 from Denny. Can't wait to get it!

Bob, when will the larger tables be available for purchase?

Comment

They're coming from Asia, and between the Corona Virus and Chinese New Years, it's hard to nail down a date right now. Some folks return after Feb. 10 from Chinese New Year celebrations, so I should know more then.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Bob, thanks for all the info and the updates on everything. You and I have been corresponding regarding the size of the Pegas bearing sleeves so I'm waiting to hear on that too. I don't need any of them at this point but I want to know that if/when I do need them for my green EX21 I will be able to get them from you/Pegas. I don't want to have to buy a complete assembly from Seyco when just pushing old bearings out and pushing new ones in is all that needs to happen.

Comment

When I have something that needs bearings, I look up the number that is stamped or etched in the side of them. They are usually generic and readily available. They don't need to be machine specific.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrock View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback everyone . . . I think . . . haha . . . the thread got a little side-tracked there . . .

Just ordered a Pegas 21 from Denny. Can't wait to get it!

Bob, when will the larger tables be available for purchase?
                  We do get a bit side tracked

How exciting! It is always fun to get a new saw!
                  Rolf

Comment

We may have visited the rabbit hole, but I sure learned a few things.
                    Since I have been lurking on this topic. I want to thank everyone for the information above.
                    Jim
                    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                      When I have something that needs bearings, I look up the number that is stamped or etched in the side of them. They are usually generic and readily available. They don't need to be machine specific.
                      That works well for me and have always done it this way. However, I took my Excalibur apart and my issue isn't getting the bearings. I have those but, I can't find the right size sleeve / inserts for the bearings. Local bearing supply which has always been great to work in the past can't help me out.
                      Kevin
                      www.KevsKrafts.com

Comment

Can you use the original sleeves? Have checked out McMaster Carr?
                        Rolf

Comment

Rolf, What happens is they have needle bearings with a sleeve insert.. The bearing gets dry of grease and soon starts hammering the bearing and sleeve together.. This makes the sleeve end up with needle bearing hammer marks on the sleeve.. so it'd be best to replace the sleeve as well.. No different than a car wheel bearing going bad and not changing the race when replacing the bearing, it'd work and help some from what it is.. but in short time the rough sleeve would damage the new bearing. I have not tried McMaster Carr.. I'll check them out.. meanwhile it'd be nice if the EX and like saws would offer the parts without having to replace the whole assembly.. which cost around $120 for only the back half of the saw and another ( I think ) $60 -80 for the front part of the saw.. Which actually isn't bad priced if you need them all.. but when you only have a couple bearings and sleeves bad.. you could repair it for maybe $20.. Its funny to me how DeWalt sells the sleeves... but not the bearings, and they also sell the whole assemblies.. But nothing is available for the EX other than the assemblies..
                          Kevin
                          www.KevsKrafts.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X