Dewalt 788 blade movement - side to side

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt 788 blade movement - side to side

I have an older Dewalt 788 (type 1) that I have had for at least 15 years. I have been doing Christmas ornaments and pictures but recently starting doing coins. I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of side to side movement on the saw when I am trying to cut really fine details. Is this an adjustment setting and if so how to I correct it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK4LytR2kYA

--Admin note: Click on this ^^ link. Ignore the link below. I can't remove it for some reason.
    Last edited by BobD; 01-10-2019, 08:59 AM.

First video with numbers and letters is correct.

this post is totally messed up, I can't change to the correct video, it won't let me remove the video link or delete the post! It is going into a Youtube beta editing area

It also won't let me remove the link to the video or change to another one!
    Last edited by Jeff P; 01-10-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

How do you delete a post?

Comment

I believe an admin. Or someone authorized to asssit the admin. is the only people authorized to delete a post. I do not know why you cannot edit and delete the link.
        Last edited by meflick; 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM. Reason: typo fixed
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

They are probably not going to guess my password to youtube as it is 14 characters punctuation and numbers long

Comment

Jeff, please PM me the correct link. I can't delete the link without providing a new link.
            www.WoodCarvingIllustrated.com
            www.FoxChapelPublishing.com
            www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Some of the side to side movement could be caused by the blade not being centered in the holders. I use a piece of plastic to at least get the top and bottom set screws to the same distance. if you run the saw at the slowest speed and set something next to the blade you can tell if that is the problem. Hoping someone can explain this better than I can.
              Last edited by keystonecop; 01-10-2019, 12:23 PM.
              The other John A. Nelson
              johnsworkshop.com
              sigpic
              I just follow the lines and make sawdust
              on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

My idea was the same as Johns', the set screws in the clamp will dictate where the blade sits in the clamp side to side. I would try adjusting the set screws to eliminate the side to side by bring top and bottom inline with each other. On my coins, I can handle the front to back motion easy enough, but side to side would be bad.
                "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RJweb
                  Reply to New Band saw Fence
                  RJweb
                  Thx for the review, what size blade did you use for resawing, also I feel that is a good price considering it is a Kreg product, I like their stuff, I have a few of their products, RJ...
                  Today, 12:54 PM
                • Rolf
                  Rolf
                  Quartz you are absolutely right about the need for a good blade and proper tuning of the saw. I thought the price was a lot cheaper than I expected. Only nine ornaments
                  Betty I have the mag switches on my scroll saw dust collection they are amazingly strong.
                  But for my fence I want to...
                  Today, 09:10 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to Gizmos
                  Sandy Oaks
                  Thanks Rolf. Hard to see, but the light wood is curly maple. Beautiful
                  Yesterday, 11:07 PM
                • will8989
                  will8989
                  Bruce bought the Carter bandsaw fence and resaw fence at the Woodworkers show. He hasn’t used it yet but will give his ewview when he does use it. His is magnetic as he is left handed.thats what he said anyway. Will let you know how it is when I use it.
                  Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                • Trout
                  Reply to My truck is done..
                  Trout
                  Did a delivery with the new truck.. ...
                  Yesterday, 07:42 PM
                Working...
                X