Trouble with Excalibur saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Excalibur saw

Recently I received an Excalibur. For the first 3 or 4 weeks it worked great. I like to cut 3-D patterns. Suddenly when I cut 2 X 2 stock the top blade holder strikes the wood. Is there an adjustment I can make the will increase the cutting stroke? Thank you.

Your arm worked down on you. When you cut thick wood, the clearance is pretty tight anyway. The back knob will move that arm back up.

------Randy
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Like Randy said. The arm should be parallel to the table Use the back knob to make it parallel.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Here is the PDF of the Excalibur Manual -- http://www.general.ca/pdf/machines/e..._21_30_ENG.pdf . Look at the adjustment paragraph on the bottom of page 13.

I notice that the manual no longer says the arm has to be perfectly parallel to the table, but that is how the rest of us were taught to adjust it by Ray Seymore. I think my old manual page says so, also. I have cut 2-inch thick material with no problem when the arm was parallel to the table.
        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Anyone ever let their finger get between the top clamp/arm and the wood? Easy to do when cutting thick stuff, and can make you squeal for a bit.
          "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot View Post
            Anyone ever let their finger get between the top clamp/arm and the wood? Easy to do when cutting thick stuff, and can make you squeal for a bit.
            Hurts like @#$%&. That is one of the reasons I use a jig
            ​​​​​to hold the block when I compound cut.
            Last edited by NC Scroller; 07-03-2018, 01:47 PM.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Welcome to the group OICUR12! Lots of helpful and very talented folks here. We would love to see pictures of what you are making.

Scott ,You used a BIG. I havn't seen one of those in years .
              When I bought my last saw It was between the Hegner and the Hawk, the Hawk won because the Hegner bashed my finger, the Hawks design gives you much more room under the arm.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot View Post
                I have been smacked by the knob on the blade holder. It amazing how fast I can move my hand and get my foot off the pedal when that happens.
                Jim
                When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I have been smacked a few times, but now I have the fastest left arm on the east coast when it needs to be pulled back.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

[QUOTE=Rolf;n858703
                    Scott ,You used a BIG. I havn't seen one of those in years .[/QUOTE]

It is the dang autocorrect on my Kindle. TBT I am a bad speller but not that bad.

Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind help and suggestions on repositioning the are. Wonder haw it got out of alignment. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Comment

You don’t use that back knob for tensioning the blade. That was a lesson I learned

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                          Tiger fretwork
                          alexscrollsaw
                          Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
                          Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
                          pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
                        • will8989
                          Conversation with Bruce
                          will8989
                          Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
                          Today, 12:56 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers Mkt today
                          will8989
                          Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
                          Today, 12:40 AM
                        • hotshot
                          Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
                          hotshot
                          Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
                          Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                        • Quartz43
                          Reply to epoxy
                          Quartz43
                          I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
                          Yesterday, 06:51 PM
                        Working...
                        X