old scroller returning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old scroller returning

Hi I started scrolling some time ago but I am just getting over a long illness, I have been looking around for a saw.I have come across one that I am tempted to but I can't find anything about it It' The Dremel18" .Do any of you guys know anything about it Mal(UK)

Welcome back. Sorry to hear of your illness but glad to hear it is behind you.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

thanks very much hoping to get some information on this saw is going a t very good price £40.00

Comment

I did a Google search
        http://www.instructionsmanuals.com/d...el-1800-en.pdf
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome back. Sorry I have no information on the saw.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Welcome back. I had a Dremel 1830 (didn't have the little sander on the side). It wasn't a bad saw - variable speed and relatively easy to use.

The thing about it was that it had Oilite bearings. After a year or so of use, it would start squealing and set up a bad vibration. When that started, I had to open the saw, pop out the Oilite bearings and soak them in oil overnight. Then it would run OK for another 3 - 4 months.

After a couple of those drills, I sold it and got a used DW788 Type 1.

So you might want to ask the seller how are the bearings in it.
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Welcome to the group and while I have no experience with that saw, I would say the price is about right for a used Dremel. I looked at some US models a few years ago and the new ones were running about double that amount if I am doing the currency exchange correctly in my head.

Feel free to look around, grab a pattern or two from the library and get started. We are here and will do our best to answer questions as we can.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
                Magazine Subscription
                Dan A
                Every year for Christmas my wife renews my subscription to the magazine. This year she managed to subscribe to it twice. She thinks she was able to cancel one of the subscriptions but since it hasn't arrived yet she wonders if she managed to cancel both orders. Is there a way for us to find out if the...
                Today, 12:33 PM
              • Dan A
                Reply to Has there ever been
                Dan A
                I would be curious also. Back in March of 2014 the switch on my Delta quit working. Now last weekend it quit working again. Don't know if it's the switch or not. And of course I had a request from a friend of my wifes to cut something for a little girl. We've been talking about maybe getting a new scroll...
                Today, 12:29 PM
              • Dan A
                Reply to Treasure hunt!
                Dan A
                When I got all of my dads woodworking books, wood reference books and pattern books this was in with every thing and yes there a quite a few patterns in the three ring binder.

Dan
                Today, 12:19 PM
              • hotshot
                Reply to Only an hour away!
                hotshot
                Look at that Curly Maple, wow!
                Today, 12:18 PM
              • Stephanie Weaver
                Only an hour away!
                Stephanie Weaver
                Drooling on my tablet!! http://www.woodieswoodshop.com
                Today, 12:08 PM