Old Hegner Multimax 2 Blade Clamp Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Hegner Multimax 2 Blade Clamp Problem

Total beginner here. I bought this 1983 Multimax 2 in an estate sale with nothing but an envelope of blades and the original bill of sale. It looks in good condition.
    1. Googling, I can't find a manual for the Multimax 2. It looks similar to other models but I still can't determine how to adjust things.
    2. I mount the blade into the lower blade clamp OK. But even backing off so it just barely clamps, there still isn't enough length to insert in the top clamp. I've released all the tension on the upper arm to lower it, but the blade still cannot reach the clamp enough to clamp securely. The blades came with the saw and are all the same length so I assume they are the correct length? I'm sure I'm missing something but I'm not sure what.
    3. If I could get the blade in both clamps, it would be up against the left side of the hole in the table. There doesn't appear to be much leeway for moving the blade side to side out of the way. Am I missing something else? Is there a way to adjust the blade or the table to clear the hole?

Any help would be appreciated.

i use a hegner multicut,and assume it is much the same,ajust the tensioner at the back of the saw so your blade is slack when you pull the tension lever,if there is one .do you have a picture of it.
    lets make plenty of sawdut,
    and have fun doing it

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com

Comment

Hi,
      I have a newer Hegner but here is the US dealer werbsite with information and parts.
      https://www.advmachinery.com/
      Call them for help.
      Thanks
      Bill

DEWALT 788 and Hegner 18vs..... AND STILL CUTTIN IT UP!!!!

Member of Scrollsaw Association of the World

Comment

I have two Hegner saws. A Polymax-3 (2008) and a Multimax-3 (1986). As has been said, advance machinery will help you with any issues you may have with your saw. Good folks there. Parts for my saws are still available from them so I bet parts for your saw are too.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
        You may have your PHD but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I will call Advanced Machinery. The tension is totally loose. If I discover the problem, I'll report.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DWSudekum
            Reply to Scrollmania is still available for another year
            DWSudekum
            Dave any chance of making it stand alone?

DW
            Today, 12:21 AM
          • DaveVanEss
            Scrollmania is still available for another year
            DaveVanEss
            I just paid for another year for scrollmania,com. Is cost me $170. If any of you bowl makers use PolyDraw and would like to support it, there is a donation button on the front page. I am presently looking to find a permanent home for these tools. I am not a young man and I want to be sure that...
            Today, 12:05 AM
          • NiftyWoodCraft
            Reply to More Miniature Birdhouses
            NiftyWoodCraft
            beautiful, Denny, as always!...
            Yesterday, 07:15 PM
          • Jo Labre
            Reply to White Tail Deer
            Jo Labre
            Wow, NiftyWoodCraft - I feel honored. Your first post is a compliment to me! Welcome to the forum. The nice folks here are helpful and willing to share their information. Be sure to take advantage of the search function. I used it alot when I was researching tools to buy.
            Yesterday, 07:06 PM
          • Sandy Oaks
            Reply to More Miniature Birdhouses
            Sandy Oaks
            I use 1 3/8"x1 3/8" stock, nothing really hard. I really like compound cutting....
            Yesterday, 06:58 PM
          Working...
          X