I done did it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I done did it!!!

After all these months of worrying over which saw to buy, I went to our local power tool store and bought a new DeWalt 788. All I can say is WOW!! When I got it set up and turned it on, it was so quiet I couldn't believe it. At the lower speeds you can just barely hear it!! I balanced a penny on edge near the front of the table and slowly turned the speed up expecting to find the speed where vibration would tip the penny over. Never happened even at full speed. As a rank amature scrollsawer, I didn't really put it through its paces, but It did follow some tight turns in a one inch thick piece if western red cedar like it was butter.

This saw is still a type 2 but it is one of the new ones made in Tiawan. (Feb,2007) In the set up, the table lined up perfectly with the saw blade in the middle of the center hole and at right angles to the blade. No problem. In the first hour it seems to be perfect!! With all the "problems" we've been hearing about, this is really a pleasent suprise!!!

Sorry to take up so much space here, but I just got so excited I had to tell someone. Stand by for lots of rooky questions as I begin destroying small pieces of my scrap wood.
    Bob

Congrats Bob, have one myself and just love it. Didn't have the problems with mine that I've read about here either. Went together right out of the box with no problems and it's been cutting good for about 3 years now.
    ENJOY!
    Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

Congrats on your new "yeller saw"! I've had mine a little over a year now, it too is a type 2 saw from Taiwan and it was trouble free out of the box and has been trouble free from the get go. Enjoy!!!
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Mine is also a type 2 from Taiwan and I love it.
        Congrats on the new purchase.
        Diane
        Dragon
        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
        Owner of a Dewalt 788
        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...