advice for sanding tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for sanding tools

I need to buy a sander to shape my intarsia projects. I have a palm sander but all I seem to manage with it is removing knuckles! help?!

Peggie

Delta P-20

Many intarsia artists use flexible drum sanders of different sorts, but if you're on a budget, and have a drill press, the first thing I'd get is the "SeeSander" from Seyco.

Basically, it's a see-through sanding disk that works great! I don't do a lot of intarsia, but when I'm shaping a piece, this is the first tool I reach for!

http://www.seyco.com/disc.html

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I would reccomend a Dremel type multi tool with the small drum sanding attachments.
      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

thank you guys.....i already have a dremel multi tool and use it for the small stuff but i think the see though sander will work fine for the big stuff...thanks again

Peggie

Delta P-20

Comment

Go for the big stationary belt sander, like a 6x48
          Jeff Powell

Comment

Intarsia is like woodworkers and their saying "you can't have to many clamps". With intarsia it's "you can't have to many sanders".. I have five different kinds and most of the time I use them all.
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/int...ation/9519.htm theres a thread on a nice inflatable drum dander. www.seyco.com sells a very affordable soft drum sanding drum if you have somewhere to hook it to, and they also sell a motor for it. Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Porter-Cable portable OSS

I have one of these Porter-Cable Oscillating Spindle Sanders that I've added a bottom plate to and set into my router table. Great solution for a small shop with limited space.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X